iphone 3Gs + Hotmail + Mobileme

Name
Alistair Vannet
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all!

Just a quick question from me. I wondered I'm pritty close to pulling the trigger on one of these. I am thinking about buying mobile me with all the features it could give me (e-mail, calander and contact sync etc) but I wondered do I get all these features with a hotmail account? Or is their a way around it all if I don't? I don't really want to switch e-mail. Thanks for the help. :wave:

Do everything with Google! You can have your mail and calendar sync with the iPhone no problem. Still working on contacts though as GMail itself doesn't have a proper way of managing them.

I had a MobileMe account for years (when it started out as .Mac) and it's incredibly expensive for what it gives you. There are free alternatives which actually provide a better experience in my opinion. The one thing which it does have (which should actually be free for all iPhone users, IMHO), is the ability to trace your iPhone. I cancelled my account about a year ago and now use Google services for everything.

George.

I had a MobileMe account for years (when it started out as .Mac) and it's incredibly expensive for what it gives you.

I have got to agree with this. I have only just signed up to a 60 day free trial to find out what I was missing out on and from what I can tell, not a lot. I know it woulod work better and more effectively if I had a few Macs, like a Laptop, desktop and iPhone, but with my works Windows Laptop and personal Mac Desktop it does not offer me anything, especially as I have my own IMAP email which should Push by itself when I get my iPhone.

Also, my calendar and contacts should update fine from the Mac my iPhone will be sync'd with.

David

I think you will find its only the old hotmail accounts that work (from back in the day when you could use POP3 with hotmail). All the accounts created after they got rid of pop3 except for paid you cant connect into iirc

Back