iPhone 4 Simcard Change Help

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I've recently just purchased a brand new 32GB iPhone 4 which is locked to the O2 network. I want to keep my exisiting number which is in an older style sim card, but I will need a new micro sim card to use the iPhone. Is it at all possible to have my number transfered over to a new micro sim card and still have the same PAYG package?

Being honest, I really have no use for data plans etc as I have wifi at home and at work which I can use for all I want, and the few texts and calls I do make don't warrent being tied to a monthly contract like bill/tariff.

Mike.

You should be able to get the number swapped over to a new micro sim card, my new ones arriving tomorrow and 3 said they include instructions on how to get the number swapped over.

If you can't I bet if you take your old sim into your local O2 shop they'd swap it over to a micro sim really easily for you.

Michael you just need to buy a sim card cutter mate only a few pound on ebay(y)

Just cut it to shape yourself :p really easy

Go to Apple/O2 and request a new micro sim. call O2 and give them your numbers (phone/SIM//IMEI) and they'll swap over within 24 hours all FOC.

The other alternative is to get the scissors out. Go here and get the sheet which includes a template to cut around. This works a treat, tried and tested on a PAYG SIM.

I got my Orange contract one swapped or to a genuine one for free ;)

Hi,

I've recently just purchased a brand new 32GB iPhone 4 which is locked to the O2 network. I want to keep my exisiting number which is in an older style sim card, but I will need a new micro sim card to use the iPhone. Is it at all possible to have my number transfered over to a new micro sim card and still have the same PAYG package?

Being honest, I really have no use for data plans etc as I have wifi at home and at work which I can use for all I want, and the few texts and calls I do make don't warrent being tied to a monthly contract like bill/tariff.

Mike.

You will still require to be on an iphone tarriff as the iphone uses data constantly for things like voicemail/updates/emails etc. Just pop in to your local o2 store or give them a call and they will send you a PAYG microsim.

Also worth checking out their simplicity deals for the iphone - like a contract but the terms are only a monthly rolling.

Back