iPhone 5 Day Came and Went

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
So are you guys interested in this? My wife is wanting to upgrade from her iPhone 4. I'm more interested in iOS 6.

Last edited:
If the money fairy visits with a large pile of money and leaves it rather than continually pinching it for bills then it is a possible upgrade. It'll depend on the camera and battery life.

I've still got my trusty 3G - over 3yrs old and still going strong.

I held out on the 4 and 4S however think I may plump for the 5 depending on the overall package (the screen will be important - if it's bigger?).

I'm in Dubai so it's likely it won't be out here until December plus the handsets are barely subsidised by Apple so it'll still cost me over 300quid for the phone on a "cheap" contract which will be 50quid per month (sorry, no pound symbol on my Arabic keyboard).

DB

I've just had my upgrade which I sold, money has been set aside for the new iPhone. I skipped the 4s so the 5 should be a decent upgrade from a 4.

The thing that I'm most interested in, is whether or not it'll be configured for 4G.

The 4G EE is using will be on the 1800MHz spectrum the ipad uses different frequencies (american I believe) so no is the answer.

Last edited:
Today's the day! I'll be watching the launch on Engadget. It will be interesting to see what they do with the iPod range (if anything). I still use my iPod Classic every day.

Today's the day! I'll be watching the launch on Engadget. It will be interesting to see what they do with the iPod range (if anything). I still use my iPod Classic every day.

I love the Engadget auto refresh liveblog - makes it very exciting as the event unfolds.

I have a sneaking suspicion that what leaks there have been regading the next iPhone are false - or at least some parts are :D

I love the Engadget auto refresh liveblog - makes it very exciting as the event unfolds.

I have a sneaking suspicion that what leaks there have been regading the next iPhone are false - or at least some parts are :D

Yep, it's very good. For those that use Flipboard, they've introduced an iPhone 5 News section too.

Will there be a video live feed anywhere on the net? Might switch it on in background while doing some PC stuff...

The 4G EE is using will be on the 1800MHz spectrum the ipad uses different frequencies (american I believe) so no is the answer.
Correct. Although I'm expecting the iPhone5 to be compatible with other 4G markets other than N America.

Last edited:
I am wanting to update my 4, so am rather interested. Will buy unlocked I think from apple. Will be happy to wait a few weeks for delivery, especially as it may require a new smaller sim from 3!

ios6 is what im looking forward to

oh yeah, I forgot the majority of the world doesn't have this yet, been using it for months and it just becomes normal to me, then i remember these events launch it to the rest of the public.

Can't see anything that is going to make me want to upgrade my 4s. That said, I hope Apple are able to surprise us, but I doubt it.

Looking forward to iOS6.

Can't see anything that is going to make me want to upgrade my 4s. That said, I hope Apple are able to surprise us, but I doubt it.

Looking forward to iOS6.

As is always the case. If you have the previous model there's little reason to upgrade. Always buy a model 2 up.

The iPhone 5. Like the iPhone 4, but with a bigger number next to the word 'iPhone'...

Online store went down about 2pm which seems a little early, usualy doesn't go down until the event starts or just before.

Are you sure of that, the iPhone 5 is only going to be announced tonight ;)
I think the sarcasm in his post must have gone over your head ;)

Damn it. They have made it a different aspect ratio so now all apps will not fit properly and it will make it even harder to build apps for both devices than before. At least the previous aspect ratio was almost the same.

Only showing EE and O2 on the map for UK networks....

Edit

That's for LTE! So it will be compatible.

Checking the images, LTE is EE only, O2 is HSDPA.

So where is Voda and 3?

Last edited:
Back