iPhone 5 Day Came and Went

Oh, just checked and one of my contracts is eligible for an upgrade so I've ordered a black 16Gb iPhone5.

I've also just upgraded from an iPhone 4.

Sweet deal, the guy offered me £151 for my iPhone 4 16GB, and wanted £230 for the iPhone 5 32GB. I asked for the unlock code so I can sell my iPhone 4 privately, he said he will do me the 32GB for £151 - Therefore a straight swap. Bargain.

Post 203 is a reply to a previous post.

You've lost me.

I was saying that the video had been posted three times ie: see below.

I'm not sure why you are telling me that post 203 is a reply? Have I missed something?

[youtube]rdIWKytq_q4[/youtube]

:LOL:

Like the phones or not, you can't deny their marketing is spot on.

Proof. ;)
http://youtu.be/rdIWKytq_q4

This seemed relevant, good for a laugh or two if you watch the video :)

http://blog.gsmarena.com/heres-what-the-public-had-to-say-about-the-new-iphone-5/

I've also just upgraded from an iPhone 4.

Sweet deal, the guy offered me £151 for my iPhone 4 16GB, and wanted £230 for the iPhone 5 32GB. I asked for the unlock code so I can sell my iPhone 4 privately, he said he will do me the 32GB for £151 - Therefore a straight swap. Bargain.

That's not bad at all! Was that in Phones 4U on contract?

in the reply I quoted from him when i made that comment :thinking:

i.e. right here

the weather app is a native iOS app -it's powered by Yahoo weather (I think) but it is a native iOS app.

But there are plenty of other weather apps available that would love to use live tiles if Apple allowed them to. They do on WP and I think on Android. Just because iOS has a native weather app doesn't mean you have to use it. That's the beauty of WP and Android, all third parties app developers are allowed to make their tiles dynamic on the start scree.

Last edited:
Just renewed/upgraded my O2 contract and ordered a 32 gb black iPhone 5.

The handset cost me £99, the contract is £1 more at £46 per month for unlimited talk time and texts plus 1 gb data. Carphone Warehouse have offered me £146 for my current iPhone 4 so I'm pretty pleased with the deal.

The only downside is the 3 week wait for the new toy! :(

Andy

But there are plenty of other weather apps available that would love to use live tiles if Apple allowed them to. They do on WP and I think on Android. Just because iOS has a native weather app doesn't mean you have to use it. That's the beauty of WP and Android, all third parties app developers are allowed to make their tiles dynamic on the start scree.

i had a play with a friends phone that had live tiles yesterday. I really hope thats one feature apple don't steal. What a mess. Attack on the senses and too much going on.

joescrivens said:
i had a play with a friends phone that had live tiles yesterday. I really hope thats one feature apple don't steal. What a mess. Attack on the senses and too much going on.

But if apple do this everyone will love it. My wife wants widgets on her iPhone and can't understand why they don't do it.

3.5 inch was perfect and there was no reason to change that not so long ago. Then everyone gets excited about the new screen size.

Got mine today, what an upgrade from my trusty iPhone 3 (non S!).

Love it.

FaceTime over 3G is great. My eldest son got his iPhone 5 yesterday and called me on his was home. A video call from the UK to the Costa Blanca that didn't cost anything is cool. Before anyone says, yes he pays for his contract, but his tariff doesn't include free overseas calls to mobiles!). So, we can chat for free, and iMessage for free. I like!

But if apple do this everyone will love it. My wife wants widgets on her iPhone and can't understand why they don't do it.

3.5 inch was perfect and there was no reason to change that not so long ago. Then everyone gets excited about the new screen size.

You are wrong.

I won't love it. Just like I don't love the new screen size and complained about it immediately when I saw it announced in this thread

Ricardodaforce said:
FaceTime over 3G is great. My eldest son got his iPhone 5 yesterday and called me on his was home. A video call from the UK to the Costa Blanca that didn't cost anything is cool. Before anyone says, yes he pays for his contract, but his tariff doesn't include free overseas calls to mobiles!). So, we can chat for free, and iMessage for free. I like!

I take it then that whichever one of you is in Spain has a Spanish sim with free data. If not then surely it will cost whoever is in Spain roaming data charges.

Edit: Oops, just noticed you live in Spain - using the app on the iPhone so doesn't show your location by default.

Last edited:
I take it then that whichever one of you is in Spain has a Spanish sim with free data. If not then surely it will cost whoever is in Spain roaming data charges.

Edit: Oops, just noticed you live in Spain - using the app on the iPhone so doesn't show your location by default.

It would also work for free if the person in Spain had access to wifi, FaceTime works over wifi.

Dave1 said:
It would also work for free if the person in Spain had access to wifi, FaceTime works over wifi.

I know. I was referring to the fact that iOS 6 has made it available over 3G

I'm another who was surprised to see a bigger screen. The 4 already feels like it fills my pocket, and was about the only criticism I had of it originally. I'll reserve proper judgement until I have a proper play with one but I'd need to come into a lot of spare money to justify the outlay!

I'm another who was surprised to see a bigger screen. The 4 already feels like it fills my pocket, and was about the only criticism I had of it originally.!

The 5 has the opposite problem, it's so much thinner and lighter, and after carrying a 4 around in my pocket for so long I kept having panic attacks today thinking I'd dropped or lost the 5 and then having to feel around the pockets till I found which pocket it was in.

I'm sure one day apple will bring out a phone which is as thin as a sheet of thick paper and runs off finger grease.

At least apple actually test their apps in their store. Nokia certainly don't bother and all manner of junk ends up in Ovi Store.

How are people transferring contacts from MicroSIM to Nano SIM? Or are most of your contacts on Cloud?

My contacts are on my sim, snip snip and my micro sim became a nano sim. Problem avoided ;).

Both iPhone 5 and the O2 nanosim pack arrived today.

How long does the O2 sim swap take? I've been waiting about 3 hours now. Maybe they know that I'll be calling for a PAC as soon as the sim swap is done.

Often switching the phone off and on starts the sim working. My daughter had to do that with hers and it worked straight away.

Back