iPhone 7 issue ... "Connect to ..."

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Recently my iPhone 7 has been regularly popping up with a box asking me to select a wireless network, this even though it is already connected to my home network.

I did an Internet search for the answer to the problem, which advised switching off "Ask to join networks" .. I did this and the pop-up asking me to select a wireless network stopped.
HOWEVER, unknown to me, it also then stopped connecting to my home network automatically when I returned home, the result being that some streaming that evening used up all of my data allowance!
I switched "Ask to join networks" back on and the pop-up box returns ... problem now is that in addition to this annoyance the iPhone still disconnects from my home network when I leave home and does not re-connect automatically when I return, thereby leaving me open to using mobile data unnecessarily again.
This also follows an update to 11.4.1 but I am not sure if the issue is connected to that update.
I assume some setting needs putting back to how it should be but I have no idea which one ... any assistance greatly appreciated. :)

I would delete your home network from the phone. Turn wifi off. Turn it back on, scan, re-establish connection and see how you get on.

I would delete your home network from the phone. Turn wifi off. Turn it back on, scan, re-establish connection and see how you get on.

That appears to have worked, thank you. (y)

Back