iPhone 7

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
So one week to launch. I'll be getting one. Anyone else looking forward to seeing what they come up with?

And that right there folks, is the power of marketing.

Is it? Or is it that I have been an iPhone owner since the 3G and always skip a generation when treating myself to a new handset?

You know being so condescending and patronising isn't always the smartest move.

Well done though.

i think his point may have been that we don't even know what the spec is or what features it has. it may be a complete bag o' balls yet.

rumour is no 3.5mm headphone jack for starters, that's a major bad point for me.

i think his point may have been that we don't even know what the spec is or what features it has. it may be a complete bag o' balls yet.

rumour is no 3.5mm headphone jack for starters, that's a major bad point for me.

Not for me as i use bluetooth ones. The images of the dual camera module have been kicking around for a while now, and it obviously will be more advanced than the current iPhone 6S which is a step up from my iPhone 6.

Reactions: WWA
Happy enough with the 6S, I tend to skip a generation but considering the prices seem to be going up every year but the specs don't seem to change enough to justify the increase, I may be skipping two generations from now on!

Is it? Or is it that I have been an iPhone owner since the 3G and always skip a generation when treating myself to a new handset?

You know being so condescending and patronising isn't always the smartest move.

Well done though.

Tend to skip a generation myself. On a 6 at the moment so would be keen to see the new one as could be tempted to upgrade.

Yep very much looking forward to a new device. Mine is a couple of years old now and could do with a refresh as its chugging a bit these days. I would be sad to lose the headphone socket, but i'm sure I can soldier on with some kind of workaround.

bring back the 30 pin socket. everything was wonderful back then. good old LOD to Fiio portable amp, bypassing the woahful onboard amp :D

thats what i used for a while before moving to iBasso and then Astell and Kern

can't understand the statement of getting one yet no idea what its going to be like?

Can't you? Can't you really? Let's make it obvious then. It's going to be 2 generations more advanced than what I have now. As others have said they also do, I buy my phone every other generation.
Does that make it clearer now?

It may look hideous!

Don't all smartphones have a similar form factor nowadays? I think only Samsung make an effort to differentiate themselves from the opposition with their edge phones.
Besides, the form factor of the next iPhone has been leaked to death.

Can't you? Can't you really? Let's make it obvious then. It's going to be 2 generations more advanced than what I have now. As others have said they also do, I buy my phone every other generation.
Does that make it clearer now?

nope it just sounds odd, why not say.

"realy excited about the new iphone 9 can't wait to see it and if its sooooo great will buy it"

nope it just sounds odd, why not say.

"realy excited about the new iphone 9 can't wait to see it and if its sooooo great will buy it"

No idea when an iPhone 9 is due out. And if I had have written that you'd have picked a hole in the comment too.
I'm not the only one who upgrades their handset every other generation, so go have a little dig at them too.
Bet you don't though [emoji6]

It may look hideous!

I doubt it - subjective view of course but I find apple products beautifully designed and work brilliantly. The basic design of the iphone has hardly changed - thinner and a bit bigger for the screen, slight tweaks, so the iphone 7, 8, 9 and probably 10 will probably not look radically different.

I upgrade every other Gen. 2-year cycle right.

I'm a huge apple fan boy. I have the 6 plus, watch, iPad air 2, MacBook pro, iPod. However, This time around, I don't see any rumours that will cause me to spend the extra and get the iPhone 7 over a 6s. These phones are so good now that I'd be happy keeping my 6 plus if it wasn't for the fact I messed up and got the 16gb version. If I had a 64Gb, I'd be going another year at least.

I migrated from Android to iOS with the iPhone 4S and despite having exposure to other Android phones, I've remained happy to upgrade to the newer iPhone model each year (apart from skipping the 5). Based upon my own empirical experience, it's highly probable that I will appreciate the next iPhone enough to purchase one. So, without categorically stating that I'll definitely be getting one, I can't imagine Apple will drop the ball on this and produce a new iPhone that I won't want.

I can't wait to see what the 7 brings, I have an iPhone 6s Plus 128GB
Do I sell it now and use my old nokia and get the 7 on launch or do I wait until the launch and sell my 6s plus afterwards?

I think the price will drop by £50.00 after the 7 comes out.

I own one of the original AK100- I too enjoy the quality of the sound that comes out of it, but I didn't have the pocket space to dedicate, so it spends time as an overpriced DAC when I can find a USB2 port spare!
The Apple iPhone hardware to me isn't superior anymore to the Android flagships. But i prefer the OS, and support.

I usually subscribe to the every other model upgrade cycle. But I wait until it's release before deciding whether to buy or not, in case it turns out to be a turd (new hardware aside, it may have a missing feature you believe is a showstopper). Did it with the iPhones and then with my Oneplus'es.

No idea when an iPhone 9 is due out. And if I had have written that you'd have picked a hole in the comment too.
I'm not the only one who upgrades their handset every other generation, so go have a little dig at them too.
Bet you don't though [emoji6]

I don't have to up grade my hand set as I don't have one.....

It's make or break time for Apple, their profits depend on the iPhone and growth has slowed massively, if they don't get this right they are screwed (relatively speaking but combined with a 14bn tax bill...).

I'm hoping this is the motivation they need to do something radical to change the game again, I really think they need it. However, if that means losing the 3.5mm headphone jack without providing a means to use (at no cost) wired headphones then you can count me out.

Not for me as i use bluetooth ones.

On flights? I was under the impression that ALL wireless devices had to be switched off, including bluetooth.

On flights? I was under the impression that ALL wireless devices had to be switched off, including bluetooth.

Things have changed then, because I have had a number of flights this year and in every occasion the only time when they have to be put in airplane mode was during landing and take off.

Besides, when I am flying I use wired noise-canceling headphones.

Last edited:
It's make or break time for Apple, their profits depend on the iPhone and growth has slowed massively, if they don't get this right they are screwed (relatively speaking but combined with a 14bn tax bill...).

I'm hoping this is the motivation they need to do something radical to change the game again, I really think they need it. However, if that means losing the 3.5mm headphone jack without providing a means to use (at no cost) wired headphones then you can count me out.

The new phone does come with wired headphones (according to the leaks) and there will be an adaptor available to those that want to use their existing headphones.
From what the tech press is saying the next really revolutionary iPhone will not be the one announced next week, but next year's model.

enjoy your iphone9 whtever it turns out to be like :)

The new phone does come with wired headphones (according to the leaks) and there will be an adaptor available to those that want to use their existing headphones.
From what the tech press is saying the next really revolutionary iPhone will not be the one announced next week, but next year's model.
Doesn't fill me with confidence judging by the useless buds that normallh ship with iPhones. They'll probably be even worse now they've acquired beats too :D

Yeah adapters, great little money spinners they are.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what "new" technology Apple announce this time around.

Doesn't fill me with confidence judging by the useless buds that normallh ship with iPhones. They'll probably be even worse now they've acquired beats too :D

Yeah adapters, great little money spinners they are.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what "new" technology Apple announce this time around.

I'm not at all interested in the headphone aspect to the phone. However I am keen to see what camera technology they'll be bringing to it.

As a mobile device it should be one of the biggest areas to concentrate on for a hardware vendor. With all of the streaming music services out there right now and flac capable players . Nobody wants a crappy on board sound chip, or underpowered earphones, or extra things to plug in just to listen to stuff.

I'm struggling to think how mobile cameras can be improved right now. We've already got IS, predictive focus, multi mode flashes out there. It'd have to be REALLY impressive, rather than just a "X more" headline.

Last edited:
As a mobile device it should be one of the biggest areas to concentrate on for a hardware vendor. With all of the streaming music services out there right now and flac capable players . Nobody wants a crappy on board sound chip, or underpowered earphones, or extra things to plug in just to listen to stuff.

I'm struggling to think how mobile cameras can be improved right now. We've already got IS, predictive focus, multi mode flashes out there. It'd have to be REALLY impressive, rather than just a "X more" headline.

Thing is Neil, different buyers have different priorities. I am sure you can see that. I am interested in seeing how Apple will implement the dual lens technology. Will it be similar to the existing offerings or something new? Will optical IS be introduced to the smaller model or will it remain exclusive to the larger one? I accept that you think the iPhone should focus on the audiophiles out there, but not everyone is an audiophile.

Back in the 90s maybe.

The odd airline still asks you to switch off devices for landing and take off but most don't care anymore.

I fly several times a year and sit watching my iPad for takeoff, landing and the flight.

You know there are airlines that actually offer inflight wifi on board their planes these days?

Well, from a purely selfish point of view I'm hoping loads of people go out and buy the new iphone next week - cuz then used iphone 6 prices will start to fall and in six months time I might be tempted to buy one :)

From the dicsussion above about audio quality and whether, or not, the camera will live up to expectations ... no-one has even mentioned if it will be any better at making/receiving phone calls :(

Thing is Neil, different buyers have different priorities. I am sure you can see that. I am interested in seeing how Apple will implement the dual lens technology. Will it be similar to the existing offerings or something new? Will optical IS be introduced to the smaller model or will it remain exclusive to the larger one? I accept that you think the iPhone should focus on the audiophiles out there, but not everyone is an audiophile.
absolutely i have different needs to others. however one thing that worked well should not now be compromised by ditching a standard connector in favour of a propriety adapter or wireless.. id rather have that than a second speaker (which is one of the suggestions behind why they dropped the 3.5mm), personally im not a chav that listens to their music via the speaker(s) in public :p

on your second point, i dont think anyone really knows beyond rumour on the camera specs until its released.

I was going to get an upgrade as I'm duexcited anyway to my contract so why not. I've enjoyed my iPhone 6+ 128GB for the last nearly 2 years. My wife is on the S version upgrade path.

However, considering I am mainly working from home now and disn't use my mobile phone as much. I've given it to my daughter so she has a reliable phone with decent battery life as there is nothing like the iPhone 6+ out there. The idea was that I would use her Wileyfox storm until the new one came out but gosh that phone was seriously s***. Terrible battery life and crappie camera.

So considering the rumours suggest it will look the same with just some minor spec upgrades I upgraded my own contract early for just a twelve months contract with a Samsung S7 Edge. Quite like it, camera is brilliant but battery life is not as good as the iPhone.

So IF it is something special I might upgrade again but otherwise I'll skip a year and carry a battery pack with me.

Back