iPhone battery capacity

Name
Ravinder Bindra
Edit My Images
Yes
I got a new battery fitted by Apple to my iPhone 6S plus back in January in one of their stores. The battery capacity is now showing 90% less then a year on. Is this normal?
Previously, my battery capacity was showing as 70% and the battery would only last around 8-10 hours and when it was cold, it would turn itself off, sometimes almost immediately. The new battery has fixed this issue but I thought capacity would still be 100% ten months on....

Capacity on my iPhone 11 that's coming up to a year is still 97%

However my iPhone 6 Plus that had a battery a year ago is down to 87% even though I hardly use it. I still think Apple have carried on their " Battery conditioning " with each upgrade of the operating system since they got caught out slowing phones down. My 6+ is almost unusable its so slow now.

If I didn't dislike Android phones I wouldn't keep buying Apple phones, but I do buy them outright and keep them 3 or 4 years or 5 or 6 models out of date.

I don’t think my 6S Plus is that slow. It used to be until Apple did that update a year or two back after being caught out and it made it faster and smoother again. Not as quick as my 12 Pro Max mind you which is blistering fast.
But, still annoyed that the battery capacity has lowered that much in a short period of time. I may give them a call and have a whinge.

dunnno i think 10% down a year on sounds reasonable
if you plug it in every day then its had 365 charge cycles.

why do you think 10 months = 100%

Back