Iphone IOS 4.2

iOS 4 caused my 3gs to reboot about 5 minutes into every phone call (think it's due to overheating due to stupid multi-tasking addon), will this finally fix the fudging problem?

:D

drew

meant to have wireless printing in it though also heard a rumour of free find my iPhone instead of having to have mobileme

won't even let me download the update for me! I click the search for updates thing when my 3GS is connected and it says I'm still on 4.1!

I had a problem downloading apps and updates to all my iphones.

Turned out to be my firewall (Zonealarm) was the root cause. Turn it off before updating if you have it.

iPad now upgraded - seems to be quite zippy - was worry it would slow it down,

Love the ability to run multiple apps at the same time ( even if its not multitasking :LOL:)

Downloaded & installed. Everything appears to be ok, not sure what I'm looking for with regards to any changes though.

Downloaded & installed. Everything appears to be ok, not sure what I'm looking for with regards to any changes though.

You won't see any major changes, if any. It's a point release (iOS 4 point 2) and the point means only minor changes, bugfixes etc - and they are almost always under the hood changes anyway.

i am led to believe that iOS 4.2 was more iPad focussed, as up until now some features of iOS 4 hadn't made it to the iPad.

Last edited:
Its IOS 4.2.1, revised from the Gold Master to fix the wireless issues. Big update for iPad users, for iPhone users - important if you have Apple TV. Other iPhone features include better facetime features, airprint, ringtone volume is independent and now a bunch more useless sms sounds :D

Find my iphone is indeed free now, and works for both the ipad 3g and the iphone extremely well.

Just that alone is worth the upgrade for me. :D:D

Can now keep an eye on which shopping centre the mrs is at on which day :bang::bang::bang:

tethered = you must connect to pc/mac running redsn0w everytime you reboot iPhone
untethered = one you have jailbroken it, the patch will run at boot time

tethered is not a good option for your main phone

tethered = you must connect to pc/mac running redsn0w everytime you reboot iPhone
untethered = one you have jailbroken it, the patch will run at boot time

tethered is not a good option for your main phone

Wow, tethered seems a silly idea.
I think I'll wait. LOL

What complete ##### at apple thought it would be a good idea to change the rotate-lock switch to a mute switch

you now have to click home twice, swip the screen then press to rotate-lock !!!!!!

And the new mute switch doesn't even mute !!!!!!!!!!

What complete ##### at apple thought it would be a good idea to change the rotate-lock switch to a mute switch

you now have to click home twice, swip the screen then press to rotate-lock !!!!!!

And the new mute switch doesn't even mute !!!!!!!!!!

I think you lost me at "What". Rotate-lock switch?

Updated iPad to ios4.2 and Apple TV to 4.1. Airplay seems pretty cool.
Mailbox, folders and multitasking all good :)

when you double-clicked the home button, and the little "multitasking" bar popped up at the bottom, you could swipe to the right to show the ipod controls and a button that locked the display in portrait orientation even when the phone itself was rotated into landscape.

I think he is referring to the iPad, it has a hardware switch on the side above the volume keys, in the 4.2 update for some strange reason it has become a mute switch.

when you double-clicked the home button, and the little "multitasking" bar popped up at the bottom, you could swipe to the right to show the ipod controls and a button that locked the display in portrait orientation even when the phone itself was rotated into landscape.

You still can do that. Grubby is referring to the change of use for what was the Orientation Lock hardware switch on the iPad.

And now my card reader doesn't work on my IPAD anymore! Apparently they LOWERED the power output requirement for the USB kit in 4.2.1...epic fail.

And now my card reader doesn't work on my IPAD anymore! Apparently they LOWERED the power output requirement for the USB kit in 4.2.1...epic fail.

Now I'm glad I didn't upgrade, that's pretty stupid, how are we supposed to read CF cards then?

Find my iphone is indeed free now, and works for both the ipad 3g and the iphone extremely well.

Just that alone is worth the upgrade for me. :D:D

Can now keep an eye on which shopping centre the mrs is at on which day :bang::bang::bang:

Which app is that one mate?

Back