iphone OS 4.0 has multitasking

Anyway we're going way off topic, however there is little to talk about it seems as the only major thing that was mentioned wa smultitasking, which we've already discussed...

well that was all the thread was about, multitasking so maybe its done.

Anyway we're going way off topic, however there is little to talk about it seems as the only major thing that was mentioned wa smultitasking, which we've already discussed...

There are other improvements to be added which will make the iphone experience a lot more enjoyable.

Unified Mailboxes (means if you have 2+ email addresses they can all come into the same inbox)
Multiple Exchange accounts (if you have work and home exchange servers you can now use both)
Spotlight will search internet or wiki
Folders can hold 12 Apps so you don't have to flick through loads of pages of Apps
You can change your background image
Messaging has a character counter
Camera has a zoom function and a spot focus function
Folders are supported in photographs and playlists
Google search brings up suggestions
API allows devs to access messaging

Due to not actually watching the presentation all i've heard about is the folders and multitasking, interesting to know what else there actually was announced.

What that list does show though is Apple moving away from a basic OS to an OS they didn't seem to want in the first place, such as various folders, which means there will be a rudimentary file manager in there. It seems to me they are heading back to the same position all the other mobile OSs are.

Due to not actually watching the presentation all i've heard about is the folders and multitasking, interesting to know what else there actually was announced.

On this point, Apple don't annouce every change they introduce. They covered the BIG 7, but other smaller changes which people are looking for are left in the detail.
Much like a gordon brown budget :LOL:

Back