Iphone4 CON

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone shed some light on this please. How are Apple getting off with this signal fault crap ,their selling a faulty product :shrug:, (look at Toyota ... it's costing them a fortune ),even worse ,their handing out these cheap horrible bump covers,which i might add are costing a fraction of what a recall would,£170million compared to over a billion .Jeez ....makes my blood boil :bang:

My wife's has had enough of her iphone 4 ,question is .... where do i stand regarding returning it to vodafone .It's an upgrade from a couple wks back ,but to get it i forked out £170 ,plus if i can't return it ,i'll be stuck with summit that doesn't perform the way it should .To me thats just not right .Sorry about the rant ,i hate to be ripped off :(

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Te...ver-New-Handset/Article/201007315665469?f=rss

Last edited:
"Mr Jobs also extended an offer to iPhone 4 users to give them a full refund within 30 days if they were still unhappy with the handset's performance."

On top of his offer for a free case to every owner (Source BBC 16/07).

I assume your Vodafone shop will know about this by now, if not you could ask them to check it out, maybe. You may have to go to Apple direct, though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10665424

Think I heard at least one other manufacturer is not happy at their assertion that 'all' phones with the capability have the same issues.

bumper fixes problem, not everyone is having this issue (sweaty handed people more at risk) and lots of other phones suffer...if 4million people were having this issue there would be a whole lot more noise, apple reckon its a very small amount. Microsoft had a 33% failure rate on the 360 but that didnt get a recall..

The majority of owners use a case of some description - so no problem there. I've bought a cheapo silicone case until some better ones come to market.

And besides, I tried to replicate this 'problem' on our two phones as soon as they arrived. Guess what - the signal strength meter actually went UP!

Stop doing things that give you sweaty hands ;)

It's a design fault so should be handled as such ,i'm not prepared to pay X amount for a faulty product ,i'm trying to think of a product that doesn't work properly because of sweaty palms ,nope ,can't think of any.I'm not having a go but at the end of the day a company of Apples caliber shouldn't be in this position i'm afraid ,they've been blinded by the the pound/dollar signs IMO.

All phones have this problem. Had mine since launch day and not had a problem yet in terms of dropped calls. It is a minority of users.

Why you need to have an anti apple rant rather than just take it back I don't know?

I have no interest in the iphone, but would hazard a guess that Toyota's problems were a tad more serious, as a dodgy phone signal is possibly less likely to kill you than a dodgy car

A

Apple have published videos on site of other smartphones with the same problem, so iexpect to see at least another 5 threads like this to reflect each of those 'POS' Ripoff phones..

Apple have published videos on site of other smartphones with the same problem, so iexpect to see at least another 5 threads like this to reflect each of those 'POS' Ripoff phones..

I found the link via google, http://www.apple.com/antenna/
Have Apple also designed the website so it only works in safari is it's not loading in IE of firefox.

Was on the phone to vodafone the other night , the guy was a "a hole" .He kept on about how his iphone 4 was perfect,how this problem is apple's fault blah bloody blah , which didn't help matters ,also he promised me that apple would be in contact with me yesterday ,which they didn't,also said Apple were going to be making a big announcement yesterday regarding the iphone4 ,i've searched for this with no joy ,has anyone on here seen or read what the announcement was .

I found the link via google, http://www.apple.com/antenna/
Have Apple also designed the website so it only works in safari is it's not loading in IE of firefox.

works in firefox.

Was on the phone to vodafone the other night , the guy was a "a hole" .He kept on about how his iphone 4 was perfect,how this problem is apple's fault blah bloody blah , which didn't help matters ,also he promised me that apple would be in contact with me yesterday ,which they didn't,also said Apple were going to be making a big announcement yesterday regarding the iphone4 ,i've searched for this with no joy ,has anyone on here seen or read what the announcement was .
bumpers. google iphone bumpers...

That's a test against 5 phones, add all the other Android phones that don't have this issue into the equation then Apple have a fair point.

i make regular calls on mine that are up to an hour long and do not get dropped calls
i got the ip4 on release day and have used it for two weeks abroad and then here in the uk and it is a far superior phone than the 3gs
the signal may drop but you do not lose the call or at least i have not
its quicker at everything has a better screen camera and video, most of the haters do not even have any model of iphone let alone an iphone 4

I have no interest in the iphone, but would hazard a guess that Toyota's problems were a tad more serious, as a dodgy phone signal is possibly less likely to kill you than a dodgy car

A

If you have no interest in the iphone ... why comment on an iphone subject ,unless you are trying to be argumentative :shrug:

There seems to be a common denominator going on here ,people who have the iphone4 and are not having problems with it ,seem to think those who are ,are bad mouthing apple ,maybe if you chaps were in the same boat the reaction would be a tad different ...eh!!

Mods .... probably better to close thread

Last edited:
If you have no interest in the iphone ... why comment on an iphone subject ,unless you are trying to be argumentative :shrug:

There seems to be a common denominator going on here ,people who have the iphone4 and are not having problems with it ,seem to think those who are ,are bad mouthing apple ,maybe if you chaps were in the same boat the reaction would be a tad different ...eh!!

She was just making a point (and a valid one), there's no need to be rude.

And we don't close threads just because the OP doesn't like the answers they're getting.

i dont have any iphone 4, I have a 3g which apple have screwed up by launching iOS4 onto it, however Im a big fan of facts, and the whole iphone4 killed my kittens thing is annoying. the 3gs has the same problem as well as a few other smartphones, but i dont see an angry mob calling for a recall of nokia or blackberry...

i dont have any iphone 4, I have a 3g which apple have screwed up by launching iOS4 onto it, however Im a big fan of facts, and the whole iphone4 killed my kittens thing is annoying. the 3gs has the same problem as well as a few other smartphones, but i dont see an angry mob calling for a recall of nokia or blackberry...

I Agree (y)

She was just making a point (and a valid one), there's no need to be rude.

And we don't close threads just because the OP doesn't like the answers they're getting.

Nothing to do with not liking the answer BTW,the Toyota comment was a comparison,i don't think i need to be told that a faulty mobile isn't life threatening.(y)

I can understand iphone 4 owners defending it whether or not they have suffered from the signal issue.
I still supported MS when my Xbox 360 was replaced 3 times.
However, I was annoyed with them for initially ignoring the problem and taken their time to admit there was a design fault.
Sometimes I wonder if some companies rush their products to the market before that have properly tested them.

I don't own or want an iphone simply because I favour Android as my choice of OS for smartphones and I like the flexibility of choosing the handset that I believe is the best available.
Apple have released one product with a design flaw and while this is not acceptable, their track record for hardware isn't bad at all.
I'll say it again, Steve Jobs attitude is probably the thing that annoyed most people.
So now Apple are comparing the signal issue with 5 other phones yet not one of them is the HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy S and these are the current two Android top selling phones.
This makes the tests pointless because although not everyone, many people now toy with the idea of an iphone or and Android based phone.

Blackberry users love them for business and Nokia need to wake up and try and claw their way back into the smartphone market.
Loyal fans of these brands are probably not as interested in switching to Apple / Android so I believe Apple trying to defend the signal issue with these is a waste of time.

The vast majority of iPhones are fine, but going on about it being a Con is ott. Why the need to rant when you can Simply have taken it back and got a different phone?

Last edited:
If you have no interest in the iphone ... why comment on an iphone subject

Because it's on a public forum and it's a free country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PQyWp0mWE&feature=related

Face it the iphone4 is not fit for purpose, lets put it this way if it was a dslr that took blurred pictures when you held it in I certain way (or had sweaty hands) would you consider buying it, yes/no?

Hindsight is a great thing ... Chill man....:p

Last edited:
I don't see what all the fuss is about... It does exactly what it's supposed to do.

If you're not happy with it, take it back! Simple! :)

I got one a fortnight ago and I'm very happy with it (not had an iPhone before)... I'm getting about 2 days of battery life from it and it works as it should. As always with Apple stuff, everything's over-hyped... even the complaints!

Si

I am a lefty handy person, a freind has got the iphone4. had a play with it as i was thinking of getting one, but i did suffer this signal issue and dropped calls. My old Nokia n97 dosnt suffer that, and was holding a stronger a signal on the same network. Went Blackberry on o2 in the end to go with my N97 as i need 2 phones anyway, the signal on that is simply stunning, even when i changed the N97 from Orange to PAYG o2 sim for test puposes.

oh well ... i gave the iphones a side swirve(bumper on it's way for my wifes iphone4) and went with the nexus 1 ,jeez....huge!!!! step up from my SE C905 :D.

Anyone suggest the best sms popup app for the nexus 1,also while i'm on here ,with all these apps and stuff going about ,i suppose viruses are to be a threat :shrug:

Back