Ipod problem..

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
my ipod works just fine, but when i plug my wifes into my putter i hear the tones that say its recognised, but it wont show in ITunes.. i dont get it.. when i plugged it in first of all just after xmas it worked fine.. when i tried last week it said it was in recovery mode and id have to reset it.. ever since then it hasnt showen in ITunes.. did reset it btw..

Anyone have a clue?? :shrug:

Btw...

I HATE ITUNES!!!:razz:

Thanks Ian, iv already tried that!! i did it again just to make sure.. iv even reinstalled itunes too..

Im baffled!!

hmmm odd, that worked when it happened to mine :( i havent that issue since i went over to the Mac though, have you tried a different USB port ? i really dont think its a itunes problem, when its plugged in does it show in device manager ?

Yep.. it shows in Device manager np.. i even get the tones that the drivers are loaded..

Thats what makes me think its an itunes issue or the thing is corrupt!!

nope// i'll give it a go..

i bought my wife an ipod touch for her birthday. i tried to sync it with her laptop so that she would have some songs to listen to on her birthday.
i tried everything and the only thing that worked was to format the pc and re-install windows.
(worked fine on my mac, though)

assuming it's a windows computer have you installed the latest service packs?

i bought my wife an ipod touch for her birthday. i tried to sync it with her laptop so that she would have some songs to listen to on her birthday.
i tried everything and the only thing that worked was to format the pc and re-install windows.
(worked fine on my mac, though)

Aaaaah!! i was thinking down the same lines!! i was hoping i was wrong.. AGAIN!!
lol.. i dont get it.. i usualy AM!!!

assuming it's a windows computer have you installed the latest service packs?

All upto date!! i think im gonna dump Pc and go Mac... :razz:

This is why i havent got an ipod!

I wouldn't be without my ipod. Gb's of music on tap and so little storage space consumed...

For those who hate itunes perhaps you should check out an alternative like mediamonkey? It's free and a good alternative to itunes.

I wouldn't be without my ipod. Gb's of music on tap and so little storage space consumed...

For those who hate itunes perhaps you should check out an alternative like mediamonkey? It's free and a good alternative to itunes.

You can get a normal MP3 with GBs of room but without having to use itunes!

If you've got an (especially older) ipod then try Rockbox. I have that and the standard software on my 60gb colour photo and i use that for mp3's/aac/etc etc instead of itunes. Basically I drag and drop my files onto the ipod, no need for itunes. Rockbox supports more formats including mpeg1+2 video files, which can be created super easily with WinFF. I only use itunes for podcasts. And I don't use many of those.

Thanks for that..

iv downloaded Media monkey, cant see where to add the music or how to identify the ipod but i only opened it briefly..

Try more seriously tomorrow..

Not sure about the monkey but if you put your ipod into disk mode, hold down menu and the centre button until the apple appears and then the centre button and the bottom button.. it will go into disk mode. Then connect via usb and it should come up as drive. drag and drop. That's what I do, and then play via rockbox which was easy to install too. There are vids on youtube about it.

That sounds like a good idea.. i'll give it a go.. thanks..

Back