Iridient X-Transformer Corrupted Raw Files

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out yesterday on a walk and took a bunch of photos on my Fuji X-T2. As usual I started the process of converting them to DNG in iridient. After this had finished I noticed the DNG files were not in the selected folder. Furthermore when I went to directly import the original files from the SD into Lightroom it couldn't read them.

When the SD is plugged back in the camera it now says unable to read and doesn't display an image on the camera screen.

It appears the iridient process has somehow corrupted the SD card or this individual RAW files. The files are still there on the card but can't be viewed or opened.

Anyone know a way of recovering damaged raw files?

This is the first time this has happened with iridient.

Thanks
Ben

converting them to DNG

That is one step I would never go for. If the software
can't handle my .NEF files, I don't need it.

Did you shoot a back up in slot 2?

I did but one was Raw the second slot was JPEG.

Ran a data recovery programme and recovered the RAW files but they arent the full file. They are now only 4mb each rather than 20+ or whatever th Fuji files are. Dont know what has happened, seems Iridient has removed some of the data somehow.

Formatted the card and will just have to re-take them.

Think I will shoot Raw and Raw now when using iridient.

I'd be guessing and say it's recovered the built in jpegs rather than the raw files. Why not back up the original raw before importing them into iridient?

Just had a thought when you ran recovery did you have it set to recover ALL files or images, it may not see a raw as an image file.

Back