Is CS3 really worth moving to?

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have CS2 and like it, but find doing mono conversions really well, is a bit of a challenge. ( I always use channel mixer, but its tricky). I know CS3 has a special mono converter, so.......is it worth shelling out all those extra £££££'s to upgrade?

Thanks.

I bought CS£ via an upgrade deal by buying CS2 with a token. I had several weeks with CS2 before CS3 arrived. When it arrived I thought there wouldn't be much new in it - WRONG. The relationship with Lightroom is stronger making editing in both easier. The curves dialogue is split into channels making colour/contrast shift more controllable. The photomerge feature is a cinch and way better than earlier versions. There are probably more but that is what I noticed.

Adobe have the main features listed here

HTH

(y)

Aside from the mono coversion, I personally find the 'Smart Filters' in CS3 to be a big step forward, to be able to go back and tweak filters applied a few steps earlier is a great feature.

For example, I often use a 'smooth skin' action which I've recorded involving a median filter in the middle... I can now go back at any time and adjust the opacity of the filter to get just the right amount of smoothing.

Might not be so useful for everyone but I'd upgrade for smart filters alone!

Flashy

Aside from the mono coversion, I personally find the 'Smart Filters' in CS3 to be a big step forward, to be able to go back and tweak filters applied a few steps earlier is a great feature.

For example, I often use a 'smooth skin' action which I've recorded involving a median filter in the middle... I can now go back at any time and adjust the opacity of the filter to get just the right amount of smoothing.

Might not be so useful for everyone but I'd upgrade for smart filters alone!

Flashy

I have just found the smart filters and have been playing with them for a couple of weeks and I agree that they are a brilliant addition.

In a short answer Carole, YES!
I have found CS3 so much nicer to work with in so many ways and it is certainly better for mono conversion than CS2 by a mile :)

Back