Is That Spunk On Your Shoes?

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34975365

Branding for global sales can be a tricky business, as demonstrated in the above article.

"The owners of the new clothing range clearly believe they are onto a winner. It was launched with some fanfare earlier this year by Saif Ali Khan, one of India's leading Bollywood actors.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary its name means courageous and plucky. In Australia it is slang for an attractive person. Appropriate themes for a brand designed "for those people who have a flair for movement… and enthusiastically give in to the rhythm that surrounds them". People "who are free of any inhibitions of mind and body" continues Futurebrands, the company behind the new range.

But "Spunk" must surely rank as one of the worst brand names in history - at least when it comes to the British market."

When someone mentioned that brand earlier I thought they were kidding, I couldn't believe my ears and involuntary said
Come again?

:D

Awaits the rest of TP gang for more puns and innuendos :LOL:

Cock soup, anyone? Pretty sure there used to be French lemonades called p*** and Pschitt.

got to hope bill clinton don't get one of them sweat shirts for chrimbo :clap::clap::clap:

I wonder if they'll sell them in the French chain of sports shops called "Athlete's Foot" (which makes me snigger whenever I see it)

Whats the problem?

spunk
noun
informal
noun: spunk; plural noun: spunks
.courage and determination.
"she's got no spunk, or she'd have left him long ago"
synonyms: courage, bravery, pluck, pluckiness, courageousness, braveness, valour, mettle, gameness, daring .

All good!

Whats the problem?

spunk
noun
informal
noun: spunk; plural noun: spunks
.courage and determination.
"she's got no spunk, or she'd have left him long ago"
synonyms: courage, bravery, pluck, pluckiness, courageousness, braveness, valour, mettle, gameness, daring .

All good!

Because as it says in the link that I posted: "That's because in Britain the original meaning of bravery and valour has been almost entirely eclipsed by its use as a slang word for semen."

Because as it says in the link that I posted: "That's because in Britain the original meaning of bravery and valour has been almost entirely eclipsed by its use as a slang word for semen."

Never heard that, I have family who are seamen and I am sure they would have let me know about the new slang, I mean they tell me everything else thats happening, One of them is a submariner and I he could tell you a thing or two about his shipmates or is it submates? Lot of fuss about nowt as I see it....O well live and learn I suppose.

Not much different from Fat Willy's! And look at them now

When someone mentioned that brand earlier I thought they were kidding, I couldn't believe my ears and involuntary said
Come again?

:D

PMSL you t*** :D

Back