Is there an extension for this?

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
It’s plugged into one of those vanity mirrors.

Can I get an extension this (about meters), and if so, link me please :)

check the size of your plug, looks like 3.5mm

Yes you can get extensions but you need to know the barrel size (measured as outer diameter x inner diameter)

It looks like it could be a 5.5mm x 2.5mm which is quite a common size but your photos don’t show any kind of scale so I could be completely wrong.

5.5mm x 2.1mm is also quite common for screens and CCTV.

Just google something like 5.5mm x 2.5mm extension

Last edited:
Yes you can get extensions but you need to know the barrel size (measured as outer diameter x inner diameter)

It looks like it could be a 5.5mm x 2.5mm which is quite a common size but you photos done show any kind of scale so I could be completely wrong.

5.5mm x 2.1mm is also quite common for screens and CCTV.

Just google something like 5.5mm x 2.5mm extension
I’ll measure later

Find the size and polarity of the connectors and make your own if an uncommon connector system.

RS will probably sell them.

If you're lucky so will Amazon.

Or cut and shut the existing lead.

Anyone with a soldering iron and a clue as to how to use it will be able to add in as much length as you need. As long as it's not a huge length, there shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone with a soldering iron and a clue as to how to use it will be able to add in as much length as you need. As long as it's not a huge length, there shouldn't be a problem.
A rough guess, 10ft

I've never seen or heard of a 5.2mm barrel so I would suspect it is 5.5mm, the other important measurement is the inner diameter ie the diameter of the hole.

The length of the barrel isn't usually needed as they are generally all the same length (approx 10-12mm)

I took one of your images into photoshop so that I could move the ruler and as suspected it looks like a 5.5mm x 2.5mm barrel

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 17.24.07.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 17.24.07.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 3
Sadly the most important part is the inner diameter - or the diameter of the pin on the mirror.

Luckily the barrel power connectors only come in 4 common sizes, some of which can be ruled out from the photos.

1.3mm (not that one by eye - they're really skinny)
2.1mm
2.5mm
3.1mm (not that one - they're usually stubbier looking)

@Nod is right though. A trained soldering iron monkey is your friend, splice a length in. Remember to keep the polarity the same though. Either there'll be a stripe on one of the conductor sheathes or one will be square or something like that..

You forgot

1.1mm
1.35mm
1.7mm
3mm
3.3mm
4mm
4.5mm
5mm
5.6mm

All common internal barrel dimensions.

Both inner and outer dimensions are just as important as the other.

Last edited:
I bought a 5.5 x 2.5mm. The male part was to big for the female part on my lead.

i took these. very difficult holding a ruler, plug and phone lol.

The mains lead part

what the main lead plugs into (side of a vanity mirror)

Back