Is this a good price for a new PC

Edit My Images
Yes
I am busy deciding on the MAC -vs- PC route at the moment and in the process have asked for a quote on a new PC.

I would be grateful if anybody in the 'know' could decode this spec for me please and give me some opinions on the spec and price. I am using it for my editing and perhaps a little gaming but not much. If you think I need something more meaty please feel free to add.

The guy who is possibly going to build it works for me and is very competent but I just want to be sure before I commit.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU 2.4Ghz x 4 (2MB x 4 = 8MB Level 2 Cache) – 1066MHz Front Side Bus

2GB of DDR2 Memory, matched pair running in Dual-Channel Mode for maximum memory bandwidth (667MHz FSB)

Seagate Serial ATA2 Hard Drive, 500GB Storage delivering bandwidth of 300Mbps, with a huge 32MB cache and NCQ (Native Command Queuing for faster data movement)

Gigabyte Motherboard: 1333MHz Front Side Bus Speed, PCI-Express x16, 6 USB2.0 Ports, Onboard Intel High Definition Audio, Onboard Gigabit Network Connection

LG SuperMulti DVD-Writer 20x with LightScribe supporting all DVD and CD Formats

LG DVD-ROM Drive 16 x for reading CD/DVD’s, for example, allows you to copy a CD/DVD “on the fly”, without having to copy the disk to the hard drive!

Floppy Disk Drive – Just In Case!

NVidia GeForce 7600GS 256MB DDR2 Graphics Card with support for 2 screens (Primary + Clone or DualView) – Has a DVI, VGA, and a S-Video connections – Adapter supplied for DVI to VGA changing

Price with Vista: £399.00

Price without Vista: £364.99

I will be using it with two Eizo S1721 monitors if I go down the PC route. If I go down the MAC it will probably be the Imac.

Back