is this a load of rubbish?

More positive reviews than negative on Amazon. Guess if you understand you are not getting the best quality it's a good enough deal!

i have got this exact set, i have yet to try it out properly (i only had a ridiculous table top tripod when i tried to capture a river in Austria.) First impressions were good though. Don't get me wrong, its not pro level, but for less than fifteen quid, what do you expect? The adapter rings are worth that alone :)

If you are not in a rush to buy it, I could try and take a test shot for you @minimace ?

I have a cheap set of xcsource filters and they're quite good for the price.

Me too and for the little I use them I've been very happy with the results......... I'm disappointed though David, I thought you'd have been a Lee Filter man by now!

Could be, but at £14.99 not a lot to lose.

+1
In the worst case scenario, the filters may well be: too
easy to scratch, inconsistent tonalities etc. The hardware
though, if compatible with other systems, may be worth it.

I have a cheap set of xcsource filters and they're quite good for the price.

XCSOURCE sell all kinds of stuff. I tried a very cheap 10 stop screw-in ND filter from them and discovered it was really excellent, much better performance than many reviewers were getting from some very expensive brands. No loss of detail and almost undetectable colour cast. I instantly bought another. I later bought a set of lesser ND filters from them which I have yet to subject to very careful tests, but in casual occasional use they seem fine. I'd say take an experimental punt. Even if they turn out to be crap the education you'll get from trying them out will be worth the money.

Thread revival time

Just seeing if anyone has any updates after using this kit please?

Back