Is this enough for now graphics wise?

Name
Conan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, I'm still pretty new to editing my photos but finally have LR and PS.

I have a 2013 15 inch MBP, which I bought as an upgrade to my 2010 13 inch model. It was for music production and works fantastically, but now I am using it for editing photos I wanted to ask if it is enough.

It has a 2.4GHZ i7 processor with 8GB Ram, which seems fine so far. What worries me is the graphics, it is the model with dual graphics cards, I didn't realise this when I purchased it as I got it used last year.

It has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB and a Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB. I understand one of these runs off of ram and is onboard, whereas the other is a dedicated card which was an upgrade choice at the time.

The computer does not seem slow, but I am editing one photo how I like, exporting it, then going to another so not sure how it will handle exporting a lot at once or how long it will take.

I do apologise for my questions if they are simple, and thank you all for your help.

Is this the retina or non-retina version?

The best way is just to try and see how it gets on, lots of variables, size of photos, quality of export etc, etc.

Is this the retina or non-retina version?

The best way is just to try and see how it gets on, lots of variables, size of photos, quality of export etc, etc.
It's the retina version. It was a huge upgrade to me, managed to go from 8-12 tracks before system overload to 100+ with logic.

I hope its enough, even if it takes a little while can always leave it running I guess till it's finished? All my money is going on the gear I need at the moment plus no way could I get a new Mac, too expensive.
I would have to go used if down the line soon I do need one.

im sure it will handle it, but you may have to leave it for a bit.

the only reason i asked is the non-retina version is upgradable

@scott199 I was torn between the non retina and retina model due to upgrading, but when a businessman had the retina model on eBay for just £575 with free shipping as he had been given a new work computer, I snapped it up as it was about £150-200 cheaper than others, plus when I got it it was boxed, and looked like it hadn't been used!

He had even done a clean install for me, and set it up with my name which I thought was a nice touch.

Back