Is this illegal?

It's noisy enough that regular flying near someone else's house is best avoided especially now it's open window and garden season.
A lot of the camera-related issues are invention, it's no more 'illegal' than any other photography.
If you used it to spy on topless sunbathers behind a hedge the situation would be the same as holding a camera on a long stick I guess. :snaphappy: :exit:

you'd guess wrongly ;) its illegal. http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP658 4 Edition Amend 1 June 2013.pdf

My attitude, screw-em!

Sorry, but I have had the same problem with my neighbours and they have been dicks for years, even going so far as to get my car towed whilst I was at work due to them calling the Council and saying it had been abandoned! Not to tar them all with the same brush, but a neighbour with a genuine problem will come and talk to you about it, a neighbour who has an addiction for stirring will try and cause a problem, and then simply find something else to complain about if you stopped flying.

In my opinion, it's no more intrusive than when my neighbours stare through my window as they are walking past the house...

Yeah seems ok for them to walk past my back fence with their kids on their shoulders snooping or blatantly getting them to jump up and down on their trampoline looking in..I just dont want to cause any more friction but would like to fly from my back garden occasionally as its conveniant as we back onto a park.I am sure if it was one of them that had one they would all be out there admiring it!

Last edited:
BTW, I fly mine in the field next to me, not because of privacy worrying neighbours, but more the safety aspect of it. I used to fly from my driveway, but power cables and telephone lines caused me a LOT of concern, as did the damage I could do if it just dropped out of the sky one day!

Tbh I would rather fly in a more open space now I am getting the hang of it anyway.

Back