Is this Light Leak?

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
It's not happened on all the pictures and a roll I shot on an overcast day was fine.:

Last edited:
Potentially yes. Look at the negatives - does it extend beyond the picture?

Certainly a light leak towards the top right of the back of the camera. Which camera was it? If Japanese, it is most likely the foam light seals which are very easy to replace yourself.

Light leaks are worse if you take your time using the film. If you shoot the whole 36 exposures in ten minutes, you will often get away from visible problems. Take a few hours between shots and the leak will be very visible.

Last edited:
Light leaks are worse if you take your time using the film. If you shoot the whole 36 exposures in ten minutes, you will often get away from visible problems. Take a few hours between shots and the leak will be very visible.

Today I finished a roll of Arista Premium 400 (Tri-X copy) that I loaded in 2014... :oops: :$

Let's call it artistic. That photo would be wildly popular with a Lomography crowd! Light seals may be the culprit - but look for other sources (shutter curtains, viewfinder) as well.

I think I might've got lucky here; I've taken the film out and had a look inside the camera and I can see daylight through a small hole in the light seal. Seems like an easy fix (fingers crossed).

What camera is it? I would just reseal it completely if it was old enough and the seals were crumbling.

What camera is it? I would just reseal it completely if it was old enough and the seals were crumbling.

Olympus OM2N. I've ordered some light seal foam so hopefully it'll be a straightforward(ish) job once I get my Blue Peter head on.

Back