Is this my sensor??

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys.
I have got some wierd shaped things coming through on my pictures. Just wondering wether you think its going to be on my sensor? The wierd circle thing seems odd to me *** as i cant see dust doing that?!
IMG_1535.jpg

Also, if it is the sensor, is there anyway of saving £30 (taking it to the shop) and doing it myself?

yup that's a bad case of sensor rash alright!

I would say the circle thing is a tiny hair, there's some dust on there and what looks like scratches or smears :eek:

Have you cleaned it or had it cleaned recently?

Not had it cleaned. Only really bought it last month and have only just started using it so only just noticed

Its a canon 300d by the way

Eeek, to see the full amount of dirt you should click auto levels (assuming you have access to some sort of photoshop).

levels.jpg

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Erm, wow, thats a hell of alot of muck! :thumbsdown:

Anyway to clean it, or am i best paying the £30 and getting it done

If you havent fiddled around in it yourself to cause those streaks, i'd get back on to the shop where you bought it from.

Wow that's bad :eek:

As mentioned, it does look like a previous cleaning job gone wrong.
Is this camera bought from a shop or sold privately second hand?
If you bought it from a shop, then take it back.

If you havent fiddled around in it yourself to cause those streaks, i'd get back on to the shop where you bought it from.

I agree - if it has been brought from a shop, then get it back there ASAP so they can't say you did it.

If you bought it privately, then yes it's definately worth paying to have the sensor cleaned in my opinion.

where is the best place to get your camera a service?

Im worried about sending it somewhere but do say jessops do this? and if so, are they any good? (im in Kent)

I bought it 2nd hand of a friend so i guess im just going to have to get it cleaned.

And rgrebby, i phoned jessops to ask about getting the sensor on my brothers d50 cleaned and they said they cant do it on site, and that they would have to send it off, oh and that it was going to cost "well over £100" :|

I got the d50 cleaned at Wilkinsons

:| I was waiting for that! :LOL:

Heres another pic, could someone "auto level" this for me please?
img1538b.jpg

Here you go. Looking much better!

img1538b.jpg

:eek: That 1st one must have just been the light or something! Theres no way my roof was that dirty! :LOL:

Looks like a £30 sensor clean for me

Anyway of doing it myself or is it too delicate?

It's completely do-able yourself. There's a thread by RobertP somewhere on here that explains it in great detail. Do a search for "Copperhill" :)

Back