Isolation: Any Gamers? Even Old Ones?

As I loved the Fallen Order Star Wars, just got Jedi Survivor so looking forward to getting right into this game.
Videos I've seen look amazing. Would love this to come to game pass soon :)

Meanwhile, believe the reviews: Redfall is awful.

Just spent 80 mins playing Into the Radius. It's going be a scary ride ahead....

unnamed.jpg

I played about 2 hours Into the Radius and Noped out of it.....

Vertigo 2 is also out, it's a really polished indie game that's like a love letter to Half Life gameplay.

I'm holding off on Jedi Survivor for a few months until a sale and it's patched for PC performance.

Oo is that on the Quest? I've played a little and you're in for a scare :)

Aye, PCVR version though and it's pretty heavy on the GPU.

The Walking Dead 2 is on the cards but I'm waiting for it to be discounted and also some updates as I believe there's a few teething issues.

I played about 2 hours Into the Radius and Noped out of it.....

Vertigo 2 is also out, it's a really polished indie game that's like a love letter to Half Life gameplay.

I'm holding off on Jedi Survivor for a few months until a sale and it's patched for PC performance.

Vertigo 2 looks nice, but I'm not sure it's my kind of game. I'll check out some reviews.

Anyone played Airport CEO? Reminds me of a Theme Hospital type game, back in the day.

I love that type of game, I'm tempted.

Anyone played Airport CEO? Reminds me of a Theme Hospital type game, back in the day.

I love that type of game, I'm tempted.

Didn't even know it existed but I loved Theme Hospital so might check it out.

Tavern Master is another similar type game. You might like Prison Architect as well, basic graphics but very addictive.

Well, 220 hours of gameplay of Zelda:Breath of the wild and I've finished!

The only Zelda game I finished was The Occarina of time, one of my all time fav's. I think I spent about 40 hrs total maybe on that one but of course back then games where nowhere near as vast. For 100+ hours only a few games spring to mind for me, The Witcher 3, Skyrim and Elden Ring. And that was because I wanted to explore every single inch of every area in those games.

Anyone played Far Cry? Tempted.

That brings back memories! I remember when it came out, the graphics were ground breaking with the Crytek engine and a great game as well. Might have lost its way a little with sequels. Crysis was good as well.

I got a game last Saturday, (Death Stranding) but as of today, I haven't played as I've not had the time. I had a the obligatory look around when I got it but that's been it so far.

Anyone else played this?

I got a game last Saturday, (Death Stranding) but as of today, I haven't played as I've not had the time. I had a the obligatory look around when I got it but that's been it so far.

Anyone else played this?
No. But isn't death stranding basically just looking around at stuff....?

No. But isn't death stranding basically just looking around at stuff....?

At the monent, it feels that way. To be honest though, it's been a long time since I played anything like it, Silent Hill 4 on the PC, early 2000s.

The only Zelda game I finished was The Occarina of time, one of my all time fav's. I think I spent about 40 hrs total maybe on that one but of course back then games where nowhere near as vast. For 100+ hours only a few games spring to mind for me, The Witcher 3, Skyrim and Elden Ring. And that was because I wanted to explore every single inch of every area in those games.

Won a bid today on ebay for The Witcher3 complete edition, after than I'll go back to Zelda methinks.

Won a bid today on ebay for The Witcher3 complete edition, after than I'll go back to Zelda methinks.

Epic game in every way, nice - enjoy. I finished the main game and was about half-way through Hearts of Stone when I took a break and then just never got back to it. After the 110hrs or so I spent in the game overall I did suffer some burn out, but man, the journey was epic and kind of nostalgic for me as an old regular Gwent player [all the cards/voice lines in that cards game hailed from TW3 main and expansions]

Last edited:
Currently recuperating after an op, so quite bored (one reason I'm on here tbh! :ROFLMAO: ). Borrowed a PS$ from a young relative, and have been playing a few games loaded onto it. Completed COD:Black Ops Cold War quite quickly, that was quite good if totally politically revisionist, then tried F1 2020, but found that to be quite poor really with a standard hand held controller (needs a wheel and pedal set up really). GTA V was fun for a while then got boring. Discovered that No Man's Sky was also loaded onto the PS4, so have been playing that on and off for a few weeks now. Much more entertaining. Incredible depth that GTA just can't provide, and it opens up the more you play it. Unlike most games, it's not just variations on the same thing over and over. Well it sort of is, but develops more so it remains interesting. Involves a higher level ofmoral/pragmatic choices, which don't lead one way or another. There's violence if you want it, but also a much more complex level of co-operation if you want it. You can be completely independent, or involve many other characters. Aesthetically very beautiful, reminds me of Bioshock in that sense, although I'd like to see it on a decent PC set up, as the PS4 is a bit lacking graphics wise. Has its flaws, but has engaged me far more than the other games.

Currently recuperating after an op, so quite bored (one reason I'm on here tbh! :ROFLMAO: ). Borrowed a PS$ from a young relative, and have been playing a few games loaded onto it. Completed COD:Black Ops Cold War quite quickly, that was quite good if totally politically revisionist, then tried F1 2020, but found that to be quite poor really with a standard hand held controller (needs a wheel and pedal set up really). GTA V was fun for a while then got boring. Discovered that No Man's Sky was also loaded onto the PS4, so have been playing that on and off for a few weeks now. Much more entertaining. Incredible depth that GTA just can't provide, and it opens up the more you play it. Unlike most games, it's not just variations on the same thing over and over. Well it sort of is, but develops more so it remains interesting. Involves a higher level ofmoral/pragmatic choices, which don't lead one way or another. There's violence if you want it, but also a much more complex level of co-operation if you want it. You can be completely independent, or involve many other characters. Aesthetically very beautiful, reminds me of Bioshock in that sense, although I'd like to see it on a decent PC set up, as the PS4 is a bit lacking graphics wise. Has its flaws, but has engaged me far more than the other games.

Did you at least open up Trevor and his missions in GTAV? it definitely gets a lot more fun from there. It opens up the country-side with missions involving bar brawls/ trailer park shoot outs/ seedy strip clubs etc - the earlier missions are mundane indeed [go here, talk to a guy, kill someone, leg it]

Last edited:
Did you at least open up Trevor and his missions in GTAV? it definitely gets a lot more fun from there. It opens up the country-side with missions involving bar brawls/ trailer park shoot outs/ seedy strip clubs etc - the earlier missions are mundane indeed [go here, talk to a guy, kill someone, leg it]
Yes, but although there was greater variation, I just got a bit bored. I might go back to it, but NMS captures my attention in a way that GTA didn't. It's so much more 'open'.

There was one particular 'trailer park shootout' that took me a few goes to succeed, but at the end I wasn't left with any feeling of accomplishment. It was just drawn out and tedious. And it was just daft; I had two 'accomplices' but they just hid and did nothing, so very unrealistic. I get the 'comic book' characterisation, but it's lazy and clichéd, and verging on offensive really.

Yes, but although there was greater variation, I just got a bit bored. I might go back to it, but NMS captures my attention in a way that GTA didn't. It's so much more 'open'.

There was one particular 'trailer park shootout' that took me a few goes to succeed, but at the end I wasn't left with any feeling of accomplishment. It was just drawn out and tedious. And it was just daft; I had two 'accomplices' but they just hid and did nothing, so very unrealistic. I get the 'comic book' characterisation, but it's lazy and clichéd, and verging on offensive really.

It's a great game overall but I hear ya, some of the missions just feel a bit empty after completion - you're back out on the road and feels like nothing has changed bar you may have opened up a new area - there is a lot to do and see though, it's impressive how vast the open world is. I've had sessions where I did zero missions, just went off track and stirred sh*t up, causing mayhem! A friend of mine and I used to create our own challenges, like get 4/5 stars and see who can survive the longest etc. We'd bet on it or loser takes a shot of something nasty that kinda thing - that was actually more fun :D but, it was because the game allowed that openness - credit to Rockstar for that. When I did complete it I just threw a bunch of mods at the game and had fun rampaging around for a bit, but I did , in the end, delete it from the drive as that does get tedious too.

Never tried NMS, looks interesting, I was playing The Witcher 3 non stop when that came about I think, and when you get stuck into such a vast game there's little game time for anything else. Might give it a try some time.

Last edited:
Anybody remember demos? Diablo 4 looks awfully pretty but £100 is a lot to risk when you're still getting over Redfall.

Just a PSA: No Man's Sky is now available for Mac, via Steam, and is half price (£24.99) ending today. I got it on Tuesday and erm, haven't done much else since... :oops: :$

Far better than on the PS4, but that is significantly older tech, in fairness. Even the PS4 controller works better on the Mac!

Anyone else played this?
I played it years ago. Its just a bit weird really. But I did eventually get into it. Basically just delivering stuff to various places and trying to figure out how to speed this up from walking all the time.

Just started playing this game "Viewfinder". Very interesting mechanics, feels similar mind-bending as "Superliminal". It's be perfect fit for this forum's audience.

Anybody on starfield? I'm a couple of hours in and can't decide if it's fun or not yet...

I accidentally shot an important NPC and it all kicked off.

I started playing it a tiny bit. Got to first city and was told to collect some data pods, one of which was in some office and when I tried to steal it, I got caught. Now being forced to go to a pirate gang as police spy.

Playing on PC desktop at mix of High/Ultra quality. Also playing at potato quality on Steam Deck.

I'm a bit addicted to Going Medieval at the moment, very easy to jump in and out of. It has that Minecraft type level of creativity to it and whilst it can get a little monotonous after a while, you can't help but start again and improve on your previous layouts and designs. The developers seem quite active as well.

Anybody on starfield? I'm a couple of hours in and can't decide if it's fun or not yet...

I accidentally shot an important NPC and it all kicked off.

Been thinking about this game and also No Man's Sky. The latter with its infinite procedurally generated universe. is perhaps more relative to what we believe the universe is (i.e. constantly expanding) but Starfield still looks more appealing. I loved the Fallout games as well.

I thought Starfield would appeal to me, get me back into playing longer-term games [last ones that I sunk more than 40+ hrs into being the Witcher 3 and Elden ring] - But it hasn't grabbed my attention at all. I've watched a few streams/vids of gameplay and found it a bit dull tbh.

The only games I'm playing atm are Hearthstone [mostly Battlegrounds mode] and Marvel Snap, which I though would be very casual but I got addicted fast! I'm playing that at least a couple hours per night. I like that it doesn't require much of an attention span :D games are 1v1 and only a few minutes long [unlike Hearthstone where games can go on for 20+ , a round of Battlegrounds even longer] Snap is a game you can just pick up on a break and play a couple games then just leave, perfect game for the loo too :D I mostly play on PC but it is on mobile too and you use the same account. It's more like head's up poker than traditional card games. The most powerful card for the game though, is in your wallet :/ it is 'free to play' but if you plan on playing it longer term then you will end up spending to progress

Last edited:
I'll persevere with starfield for a bit but I'm finding the lack of a (useful). map somewhat annoying. I resumed a fetch quest half a day after I started it "meet me in the control room near where we first met" nope. No clue where that was :)

I know it had its problems but 20 mins into cyberpunk it was fun. 2h34m into starfield it still feels like I'm walking around looking for something to do.

I'm deep into Baldurs Gate 3 at the moment and loving it :)

Back