Issues with Apple Macbook charger

squizza

Eeyore
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys and gals, advice greatly appreciated.

I could really do with not replacing the charger, its only a few months old.

The other day the charger died, its my second one for the macbook.

So I replaced the fuse, it was fine for a day, then that fuse died. Replaced the fuse again and then that one died and today replaced it again and now this one has died. Argh! What's going on.

If it is under warrant might be worth speaking to someone from the Apple shop. Their service is very good and hopefully you have a shop near by.

If it is under warrant might be worth speaking to someone from the Apple shop. Their service is very good and hopefully you have a shop near by.

Nope, the charger was bought second hand off here -although it was unopened when bought. :(

Last edited:
Should of taken it back to an Apple store, they're usually very good with replacing things.

Definitely worth a try, just say it was a present, nothing to lose

No electronics expert, but seems strange two have died, might be worth getting the laptop checked including the battery

Does the charger get very warm or even hot in use?

Last edited:
Definitely worth a try, just say it was a present, nothing to lose

No electronics expert, but seems strange two have died, might be worth getting the laptop checked including the battery

Does the charger get very warm or even hot in use?

Nope doesn't get hot :( :bang: Stoopid charger.

Worth a try. All they can say is no.

A workmate dropped his 4s and the screen cracked. They swapped it for a new one no questions.

There's a recall on some MB chargers. Worth checking out. If it is blowing fuses then you want it looked at sooner rather than later.

Take it into a shop, apple peeps are really good, my friend took his charger back, not in warranty and no receipt. It was a genuine charger and they swapped it there no questions asked.

Try taking it back first hope this helps

As others have said, take it to an apple shop and get it replaced. There generally pretty good about it.

Back