It all went wrong when we stopped sending them up the chimney ..

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
... I joked in another thread ... HERE
However ...

Last year, there were 522 cases involving people under the age of 18, but there were only 349 such cases in 2010. Of last year's cases,
158 involved children under 16.

What am I referring too?

In Hampshire a police officer took his Taser out of his holster, but did not use it, in an incident with a nine-year-old boy
in an attempt to calm a situation down after there was an allegation of a knife being used, the force said.

As there are strict rules surrounding their deployment, one would hope that an officer doesn't fire them for fun,
but the stats are kinda worrying!

However ...

Last year, there were 522 cases involving people under the age of 18, but there were only 349 such cases in 2010. Of last year's cases,

What am I referring too?

In Hampshire a police officer took his Taser out of his holster, but did not use it, in an incident with a nine-year-old boy
in an attempt to calm a situation down after there was an allegation of a knife being used, the force said.

As there are strict rules surrounding their deployment, one would hope that an officer doesn't fire them for fun,

I bet it'd get a gajillion hits on Youtube ;)

There's a report out today - admittedly on the pinko lefty BBC - that the majority of those tasered are black.

Methinks of Disraeli.

There's a report out today - admittedly on the pinko lefty BBC - that the majority of those tasered are black.
Yep I heard it on the Radio this morning.
And did hear the Black comment too.
However I was ignoring the adult stats and couldn't believe how many youngsters were involved!

Source

Seems the saying local bike has been changed to a chminey pot now................................ all the lads have been up there ;):D

Last edited:
Up yer flue for a penny chew, up yer bum for a bubble gum!!

However ...

What am I referring too?

I don't often defend the police but... There are a lot of extremely violent criminals under the age of 16, so it doesn't necessarily follow that deploying a tazer against a child is wrong.

Methinks of Disraeli.
Not what was said at all, but statistically, black men are 4 times more likely to be tazered than white men.

And they trotted out a very senior asian police officer on radio 4 this morning, he couldn't/wouldn't explain why black men are tazered disproportionately, and waffled on about how few asian men are tazered and how important it is to carry further research :(

I don't often defend the police but... There are a lot of extremely violent criminals under the age of 16, so it doesn't necessarily follow that deploying a tazer against a child is wrong.

Not what was said at all, but statistically, black men are 4 times more likely to be tazered than white men.

And they trotted out a very senior asian police officer on radio 4 this morning, he couldn't/wouldn't explain why black men are tazered disproportionately, and waffled on about how few asian men are tazered and how important it is to carry further research :(

I think that the definition of a child is sometimes stretch beyond credulity. If we mean anyone under 16 then that's fine as a technical definition but what do we do with a 6ft 18st 15 years old who's slashing everyone in sight to bits with a machete whilst high on pop and Smarties? Talk soothingly about his feelings?

And, possibly controversially.... I'm all for profiling. If white Frenchmen (for example) are statistically more likely to refrain from washing for days than other groups I'm going to try and sit next to the black Nigerian who's the furthest from the Frenchman on the hot sweaty train. It's no stretch to then consider that some ethnic/cultural/tribal groups are more likely to act in certain ways than others and to me that isn't racism, it's statistics. We can look at the reasons why and offer help when appropriate but at the point of confrontation on the street a Tazer may be the way forward and we should look at the reasons why the offender needed Tazering later. After all, the Bobby with the Tazer is someones child/sibling or partner and has the right to defend themselves whilst looking after the interests of the majority and upholding the law.

I care how many kids are Tazered but I wouldn't want the number of police officers or innocent passing folk being assaulted to rise if the number of Tazered kids is thought to be too high and officers are forced to reduce Tazer use.

Last edited:
I would have thought it is fairly easy to explain why they get tazered more, or more pointed as. The protocols under which circumstances you can draw it are clear. Surely one or more of more of those triggers points have been breached.

I do not think it is for the police to come up with the answer regarding social and ethnic reasoning of why that happens and change society.

It's a reaction to a certain behavioural attribute opposed to race.

I would have thought it is fairly easy to explain why they get tazered more, or more pointed as. The protocols under which circumstances you can draw it are clear. Surely one or more of more of those triggers points have been breached.

I do not think it is for the police to come up with the answer regarding social and ethnic reasoning of why that happens and change society.

It's a reaction to a certain behavioural attribute opposed to race.

Thats a rather rose tinted view of reality!!

I thought the institutional racism in our police forces has been rather well documented.

statistically people who offer violence to police officers are 99% more likely to get tazered than those that don't

statistically people who offer violence to police officers are 99% more likely to get tazered than those that don't
:) I'm glad that you said 99% not 100%, because there are several who have been tazered who offered no violence at all, including a blind man with a white stick who was mistaken for a violent criminal with a Samouri sword...

Thats a rather rose tinted view of reality!!

I thought the institutional racism in our police forces has been rather well documented.
That is a rather negative view, don't give them any excuse and you'll be fine.

This +100

They pulled in some black chap on breakfast yesterday morning who was whinging about being tazered. They briefly (and it seemed accidentally since it was never mentioned again) that the guy started fighting with the copper before being tasered! So 1. Why the hell did he think he was unfairly treated! and 2. why was he never questioned about punching a copper by the BBC.

Why are more blacks being tasered? well maybe its because they put themselves in a position to be tasered when other racial types dont!

This +100

They pulled in some black chap on breakfast yesterday morning who was whinging about being tazered. They briefly (and it seemed accidentally since it was never mentioned again) that the guy started fighting with the copper before being tasered! So 1. Why the hell did he think he was unfairly treated! and 2. why was he never questioned about punching a copper by the BBC.

Why are more blacks being tasered? well maybe its because they put themselves in a position to be tasered when other racial types dont!
I see, so your saying that black people, simply by reason of being black, are more violent?

This +100

If it's the case I think it is, I think you'll find that the police claimed that he had attacked them, which 'justified' their action in shooting him with a tazer. However, the police hadn't noticed that a member of the public had witnessed what actually happened, and ended up having to compensate him. No doubt the police had genuine reason for concern because they wrongly thought that he was someone else, who was suspected of being violent, but even if they would have been justified in tazering the man they thought it was, they should have admitted their mistake, rather than lying about what happened - but, unfortunately, lying seems to be endemic.

Is it too soon for popcorn? :sneaky:

I see, so your saying that black people, simply by reason of being black, are more violent?

maybe, day in day out i read in papers about knife crime, the vast majority of which are carried out by blacks. So yes, you could be right. Or maybe its just a media conspiracy since we only get our facts from the media. They must be non reporting on a lot of the violent white crimes.

maybe, day in day out i read in papers about knife crime, the vast majority of which are carried out by blacks. So yes, you could be right. Or maybe its just a media conspiracy since we only get our facts from the media. They must be non reporting on a lot of the violent white crimes.

But to answer the question, do black people commit knife crime because they are black?

This +100

might have been the guy they had on the radio, I'll paraphrase (although the slang used is pretty accurate) - "I bin tazered twice bruv for no reason or warning just coz I iz black and in da wrong place at da wrong time. Was jus walkin an all of a sudden BANG I iz on da floor. I don see no white guy in a suit gettin tazered".

Now, I'm sorry but no mater what ethnic or social background you have if you've been tazered twice you're either incredibly unlucky in which case you should lawyer up and reap some compo, or you're a trouble making twit who got tazered for good reason.

But to answer the question, do black people commit knife crime because they are black?

of course they don't the blacks who commit knife crime do so because they are criminals (the reason why they are criminals is complex , but unemployment, social exclusion. drugs etc) just like the whites who commit knife crime - however if you commit knife crime and offer violence to an arresting officer you can expect to get tazered and rightly so... the reason more blacks get tazered than whites could therefore be more black criminals resisting arrest rather than racism

might have been the guy they had on the radio, I'll paraphrase (although the slang used is pretty accurate) - "I bin tazered twice bruv for no reason or warning just coz I iz black and in da wrong place at da wrong time. Was jus walkin an all of a sudden BANG I iz on da floor. I don see no white guy in a suit gettin tazered".

I suspect you don't see many black guys in a suit getting tasered either - you do however see white f***wits with their hats on backwards and a double stan in their hand getting tazered

Is it too soon for popcorn? :sneaky:
Nope that was a good moment, it is getting really good now. It's all everyone else's fault due to institutional racism, just waiting for the blame to be laid on current day violence to slavery as well. Nothing to do with personal responsibility and being an aggressive prick, nothing at all.

I suspect you don't see many black guys in a suit getting tasered either - you do however see white f***wits with their hats on backwards and a double stan in their hand getting tazered
indeed. i really dont know why the BBC put the sound bite out, it was embarrassingly one sided.

their radio news seems to be particularly extremely poorly executed these days.

Like being blind and carrying a white stick you mean ;)
Mistakes happen unfortunately. That was one of those unfortunate mistakes or mistaken identity and the PC did not take appropriate steps. Back to training and get one with it. Let's not stop it all just because a mistake can happen. Nobody died.

indeed. i really dont know why the BBC put the sound bite out, it was embarrassingly one sided.

their radio news seems to be particularly extremely poorly executed these days.

indeed - one of the outstanding ironies is those that complain that the police are making a discriminatory generalisation from 'some criminals are black' to 'all blacks are criminals' , are themselves making a similar generalisation from 'some ignorant racist arseholes are cops' to 'all cops are ignorant racist arseholes'

Mistakes happen unfortunately. That was one of those unfortunate mistakes or mistaken identity .

indeed - mistakes are regrettable, but they are also the exception rather than the rule , on the whole the majority of people who get tazered ask for it by being aggressive, unreasonable f***wits who offer violence to police

Oh I wasn't actually knocking the police and perhaps should have added it makes you wonder what the little brats were doing to get tasered in the first place.

I think that the definition of a child is sometimes stretch beyond credulity.
I agree with that too (y)

Oh I wasn't actually knocking the police and perhaps should have added it makes you wonder what the little brats were doing to get tasered in the first place.

Living in MK you shouldn't really need to ask

Its much better since you moved out (y)

Thats odd - my understanding was that the IQ of the population dropped dramatically :whistle:

Back