It's almost spring! Show us your cherry blossoms...

Not our tree, in the outdoor seating area of Exeter Wagamama.

New Image.jpg

Phone shot but shows the flowers off against the urban background.

Here's one from 2007. It's out of my old Coolpix S10 and the 6MP sensor has rendered the background almost like a frame from a graphic novel...

26476269291_69b4f49580_b.jpg

I'm still waiting. Buds are just formed- maybe another two weeks for them to bloom in my garden.

Saw that last one of flickr earlier Mark! Beautiful detail and colors!

That is beautiful!

Saw that last one of flickr earlier Mark! Beautiful detail and colors!

Thank you both.

There is a huge blossom tree at the end of the next road over to me and it is in the front garden of a lovely classic white house. I'm hoping that I can get a shot of it tomorrow against the blue sky. Might need the wide angle lens on for that one... If I get the shot I will of course upload it on here.

I'm lucky enough to have a number of beautiful cherry trees across the road from my house. At this time of year there is almost a constant stream of people stopping by to take photos of the blossoms, myself included.

Fragrant
by Rich Lewis, on Flickr

As the title says... to start off, here's one I took a couple of days ago.

Springtime by Paul, on Flickr

OK, at last! Spring has sprung in Scotland. Normally they would flower in April and then almost immediately be blown off in the storms.
They just started (here in Edinburgh) this week and look to last a lot longer than usual.
This one is at the back of my garden, South facing:

blossom by Ken, on Flickr

OK, at last! Spring has sprung in Scotland. Normally they would flower in April and then almost immediately be blown off in the storms.
They just started (here in Edinburgh) this week and look to last a lot longer than usual.
This one is at the back of my garden, South facing:

blossom by Ken, on Flickr

Ken, I really like that shot but don't understand why you haven't PP'd it?

Ken, I really like that shot but don't understand why you haven't PP'd it?

I just took it a few minutes ago after getting in from work...

Makes sense. Loads of detail in that shot waiting to come out! Like it.

Thank you.

Just a standard zoom lens on the D5200. And people say standard zooms are not very good :)

Thank you.

Just a standard zoom lens on the D5200. And people say standard zooms are not very good :)

Standard zooms will do everything most of us need with the right person behind the camera. Only very good pros need anything more and even then.. My Fuji 18-55 will do everything my Nikon 17-55 would and then some if I focus. Yup, it's not the lens that struggles to focus, it's me.

Back