Its Been A Lil While (Cars inside)

Edit My Images
Yes
With the winter being so poor at the moment I have been going through some of my shot's from the last while and thought i would share some. I would like to hear any feedback you guys have

First up Wallace Performance's 1200bhp Evo VIII. My first proper try with flashes too

166540_349633668440853_1882367288_n.jpg

Derek's Bagged Cupra

408340_380608435343376_412484013_n.jpg

Next Up My Buddy Mints JZX100 Chaser

250244_381821775222042_1604937723_n.jpg

Keirans Supra

545537_401301826607370_435658701_n.jpg

and last but not least Olleys Clubman

img_5981.jpg

Hope you guys like them and as said comments welcome

The clubman is the best.

The Evo the shadows are very distracting, try placing the flashes much higher.

The Cupra isn't bad, just not as good as the Clubman.

Rigshot of the Chaser could do with being a lot sharper, and maybe a bit better composition, more sky.

The Supra is a bit harshly lit, and the shot feels cramped, you're aware the location is tight.

The clubman is the best.

The Evo the shadows are very distracting, try placing the flashes much higher.

The Cupra isn't bad, just not as good as the Clubman.

Rigshot of the Chaser could do with being a lot sharper, and maybe a bit better composition, more sky.

The Supra is a bit harshly lit, and the shot feels cramped, you're aware the location is tight.

Thanks for the reply.

As said with the evo pictures it was my first time shooting with flashes, but yes a few people i know have commented with similar issues. Some have said i should have used more light for the front? do you think it needs it?

The chaser shot isnt the sharpest i will admit, i really need to spend a bit more time on perfecting my rig set up. But i didnt want too much sky in it as it tends to get blown out easily.

The supra shot wasnt quite how i wanted it to pan out, its actually under a railway bridge and i was trying to get a shot of it from further back, but I was struggling with some focus issues which in the end ruined the shoot (well the majority of it) and ended up having to send my camera to be repaired as the AF detecter had completely failed :bonk:

Thanks for the crit though, as it will help me improve

Some, especially the left side is being lost in to darkness, but it is matte black so will easily do this.

If you're having trouble with skies blowing, get yourself an ND filter, or a stronger one.

I see what you mean about the Supra, and unlucky with the failure on shoot.

No worries, I try to give people what I'd like on my images, actual useful crit.

A fellow aberdonian! Can only echo the above about what Matthew says.

Only things I would add are the supra try and get it head on in the centre of the bridge, so there is equal bridge visible either side of the car.

And for the wallace evo maybe a higher perspective so you can see more of the engine, all of that power and the bonnet off, be a shame not to see more of it. In terms of using the flash try multiple exposures masked into one :)

Clubman shot is the pick of the bunch for me.

Scott

Back