SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely weather around at the moment, still a bit chilly and not really green at all but you can tell summer is coming and winter has been banished for good. It's therefore time to share some pictures of the most beautiful time of year.

Loch Ba

_DSC4557 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Lagangarbh Hut

_DSC4554 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Kilchurn Castle

_DSC8609 - Version 3 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Lochan na Stainge

_DSC8755 - 4x3 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The Buachaille

_DSC0297 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Lochan na h-Achlaise

_DSC1073 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The Torren Lochan

_DSC0791 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Round the Back of the Buachaille

_DSC3407 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Not sure why, but I'm not keen on the first one! Some of the others are wonderful though.
It's obvious why the "famous falls" are famous, who wouldn't want to photograph that composition! It certainly would be on my list if/when I get back up to Scotland. My last trip (Skye a couple of years ago), seems a long distant memory now!
I really like the Kilchurn Castle one too, but its a shame about the distracting pylons

Not sure why, but I'm not keen on the first one! Some of the others are wonderful though.
It's obvious why the "famous falls" are famous, who wouldn't want to photograph that composition! It certainly would be on my list if/when I get back up to Scotland. My last trip (Skye a couple of years ago), seems a long distant memory now!
I really like the Kilchurn Castle one too, but its a shame about the distracting pylons

Thanks - I am ok with the 1st. The light was really nice...never had it as good since there.

The famous falls are the best waterfalls in Glencoe, I've walked all that length of river and sure there are nice ones further up but these ones, with the lovely silver birch are the best. And the icing on the cake is that they are a long stones throw away from the road, no hiking needed but the angle you see is devoid of anything man made.

Re the Pylons...to clone or not to clone, they don't bug me as much as some of the other stuff there - you can see a track cut into the mountainside, that ugly boat jetty at the front of the castle. 100 years ago, this would have looked a lot more enchanting.

And I love summer, I am so exciting it is on it's way

The light in the first, the composition of the third (Loch na Stainge), make them stand out for me; also, they're a bit less 'usual'. Have been to that bit of the River Coe but couldn't work the light properly; must go back.

Back