It's taken a few years.. but I did it, I finally updated my website!

Name
Cezare White
Edit My Images
No
Hi all.

I've not posted on here for a very long time, 5 years I think in fact.
probably the same amount of time or longer since I updated my website / portfolio.

20170208_150559smallsmall.jpg

www.cezarewhite.com

with the current situation we are all in together and most of my work being travel related, I did have some time to finally finish it (bit slow due to family life and a 3 year old to keep happy).
I would love to get your feedback on my portfolio / website and to see if you find any bug's, grammar & spelling checks, suggestions, things you'd like to see.

one of my changes was to do a new Instagram account, purely for work rather than mixed with personal, do you think its best to start a new one? or update current one?
I don't have many followers at the moment so can easily just start posting work on other account, those that are genuine will follow me anyway.

feel free to message me here or direct on social with your feedback.

mods/admins feel free to move if this is the wrong section.

regards,
Cezare

Not posted for 5 years ???

Then come back for comments on your web site - I find that a little cheeky to be honest :rolleyes:

Les

I understand Les,

work / life took all my time up, hence why I've not posted or updated the website for years! I totally forgot about the photography forum and tried to think of places I could get some genuine feedback from.

There's a lot of nice images, but it all seems a bit clunky in the way it loads and scrolls etc.
Its not smooth.
Maybe it's just that it scrolls a bit too fast?

Last edited:
Very slow to load for me too. Would have given up in normal circumstances.

"Photography is my extension of one’s creative inner being. " Very clunky language here. Feels like you're talking about yourself then others in the same sentence. Comes across as trying to be too arty.

"Photography is my obsession, the desire to capture a moment that is worth remembering." Again, feels clunky to me.

I'm not a prospective employer though. Maybe they like that sort of language presneted in that way.

"My Services" has inconsistent capitalisation throughout. Some sentences start with caps, some don't.

"keep your eye’s peeled " plurals don't need an apostrophe...

I've not really gone any deeper. Suggest a proper proof reader to pick up the bits 'n' bobs. Site loading though is the worst problem. (Windows Desktop w/Firefox)

Thank you for your time to view and reply Harlequin565.

I've gone through what you have posted and made the changes needed, my wife is definitly not a proof reader, but I had to start somewhere.
Hopefully the simple changes make it look better.

I have also tested on https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/ test / loader page and yes, it seems double what it should do when viewing on mobile or desktop, I think the size of the images I could possible reduce further and maybe some of the coding can be cleaned up, I'll speak with the creator to see if anything I can do to speed things up.

for me it loads fast, but then again it's cache is stored already and I have fast internet.

thanks for the feedback.

well.. I had a look into a WordPress plugin called Smush, it's doing its thing at the moment, but seems to have broken all the thumbnail images and re-sized them all as squares.

Back