Its the photographer, not the kit - challenge

Righto, here's my go from BTCC practice day. Taken with a Kodak DC210 Plus "ZOOM Camera" with a massive One mega pixel. No idea on its value, it was my first ever digital camera. The shutter lag felt like seconds and the viewfinder was a bit lacking. Quite pleased with these considering!

bh_kodak_DCP00557.jpg

bh_kodak_DCP00566.jpg

Taken with an Olympus OM10 and a Zuiko 50mm /1.8 = worth 15GBP (incl. P&P :D)

anti - i noticed you had a shot disqualified from the competition for oversize, and you're posting here is a bit big too...

for future reference, longest side should be 800px max, unless it's a panoramic shot of 2:1 ratio or greater, in which case you can have 1024px longest side.

Thanks for the info :)
I thought the max. size for all pics are 1024px - done with 800px :)

Taken with a Kodak DC210 Plus "ZOOM Camera" with a massive One mega pixel. No idea on its value,

One sold on Ebay for £3.91 ten days ago :LOL::LOL::LOL:

minolta dimage z10, 3.2mp. given to me by the father in law after he found it. Cracking camera, still use it.

Maybe we should have a £10 challenge thread, max budget for the shot is a tenner, can't use any equipment you already have, bar the computer and software, to include developing cost if applicable? Just a thought.

Doesn't really count Blaize... a kit lens on a prosumer DSLR might not be "pro" end kit but its not exactly £9.99 from Argos either ;-)

Seen a few posted on this thread with kit costing over £100 not really within the spirit of the challenge

I agree, but think that some have lost sight of the original post, i.e.,

Its the photographer, not the kit - challenge

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, credit crunch, economic downturn, monetary meltdown etc...

Show me your best effort with the least expensive kit...

Post a shot you consider to be "good" with a line stating the kit and its purchase price total.

Time to get the £9.99 Argos point and shoots out...

TBH I have enjoyed just looking at the pics here, that I don't even see it as a challenge or competition! More a place to share those pics from the least expensive kit ..

After all TP and photography should be a place to share ones experience (not just about who has the best equipment etc, etc!), but most of all what we enjoy doing either as a hobby or as a profession (myself being the former).

So having said that, sorry if I appear to have had a bit of a rant here, but sometimes things are taken too seriously (granted we all want to learn which is perhaps the serious side), but aren't we also here for a bit of fun in that learning?

Right .... what was the next request?

Play on.......

D :)

One from my Samsung Point and Shoot (originally bought to capture anything interesting while im out mountain biking.

Location is Dartmoor, on the way down to Burrator Reservoir.
sdc10170k.jpg

This is a valuable shot for me, as it's the only photo I have of my old best mate (he's no longer with us)

I took it about 30 years ago :)eek:) on my first camera, a Russian-made Fed 4 (35mm rangefinder). I just checked on eBay - they go for as little as 5 quid!

Scan10087edit.jpg

Ok, so the lens was pricey, but the camera was a Nikon D100, which you can pick up now for about £100-150.

4325082895_53b0b8dc5d_o.jpg

john - thats an incredible shot!! wow.

about to bring the thread down is me :LOL: with my FREE camera :D canon ( :eek: ).... i was playing about with it before....

*NO EDITING* (except cloning my addy off her collar)! straight from the camera :D :LOL:

"i finks i got somefings on my nose...." :LOL: :LOL:

(millie on tonights walk couldbt be bothered trying not to break my nikon hence the canon p&s :LOL: ) i think its good quailty for a freeby :D

IMG_0573-1.jpg

£2.99 Disposable with built in flash. Should've used a Rizla for a bit of diffusion.
Laid on my back for this, but I wanted BB in the bg, even though it's a bit of an attachment.

R001-023DesktopResolution.jpg

But I didn't need a £4500 D3x to get the shot did I? ;)

:thinking:

Not quite in the spirit of this thread though, not really having been produced with 'least expensive kit'! However it is a lovely shot :)

Not quite in the spirit of this thread though, not really having been produced with 'least expensive kit'! However it is a lovely shot :)

It's the least expensive body I own (it's probably the cheapest DSLR you can buy used now), and, well, it's the least expensive lens I have that's capable of anything other than 50mm too. ;)

Those Ixuses (Ixae?) seem pretty neat - some good results you all seem to be getting from those.

Cheers folks

Dinners, yours are great - love the second one.

I really like my Ixus - it's one of the older not very high end ones - Ixus 60 I think. It's pretty good quality for how tiny it is.

Wish I had my GF1 for a couple of those pics though.

2779152192_61e08b4b32.jpg

Taken with a Fuji Film A350 a couple of years ago. May have to take it along next time I'm at a circuit.:LOL:

TPversion.jpg

Taken Dec 2008 with a Fuji s9600 bridge camera cost me around £300 new but you can pick them up second hand for around £100 these days.:)

my D100 is still my main shooter ! :( . now you make me feel bad John ! :D and the expensivest lens I have is 50mm f1.8 . but what a combo !!!! yes, slow and unusable in anything higher that iso400 but amazing camera and lens for that price. I'm going to sell it soon though.

Back