Ive been birdin' (And some rare catches)

Messiah Khan

Santa is your dad
Name
Alasdair Fowler
Edit My Images
Yes
I went over to Silverdale RSPB reserve this Saturday. I got quite a few good shots, and it was overall a very nice day.

1. A Small Egret
Stalk_the_shallows_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

2. Three Spoonbills
Three_spoons_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

3. Spoonbills flying
Flying_spoons_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

4. A Great Egret
The_lonely_king_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

5. Great Egret
The_king_hunts_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

6. And least not last, a very heavily cropped 600mm shot of a Bittern.
Bittern_love_by_MessiahKhan.jpg

:)

Nice set MK, I like #5 best, his stance is great. :)

Nicely done MK ... (y) ... we'll make a Twitcher of you yet ... :D ... second shot of the Great Egret is a really good capture ... ;)

BTB ... the small Egret is, technically, a Little Egret ... :LOL:

:p

Lovely images there Messiah, great opportunity for a catch of that Bittern though... one to add to the collection.

#5 is still my favourite - love the stance. They're all beautiful birds...but WOWEE the Bittern turned out well :clap: It was sooooooo far away you could only just see it with the naked eye and even then it only looked like a light patch in the reeds! :woot:

A departure from your usual macro shots. Not a bad set tho.

A few look to have a white ballance problem. They are a tad yellow.
I think a couple of them would benifit from a tad more PP un the USM area.

BTB ... the small Egret is, technically, a Little Egret ... :LOL:

You say potato, I say potato (Hmm, that doesn't work when typed does it.:thinking:) :p

A departure from your usual macro shots. Not a bad set tho.

A few look to have a white ballance problem. They are a tad yellow.
I think a couple of them would benifit from a tad more PP un the USM area.

Its not a white balance problem, It was the evening light giving a golden glow. I tried adjusting the white balance to neutralise the colour cast, but I much preferred it with the colour of the light that was actually there.

All of them have been sharpened using high pass. The reason they might look a little soft is due to them being shot at 600mm using manual focus and most are cropped a fair bit. I was also having to use my jumper as a beanbag on the hide window which wasn't ideal.

Nice shots MK, love the Spoonbill take off and to get a look at the Bittern is an achievement let alone a photo. :clap:

Nice shots MK, love the Spoonbill take off and to get a look at the Bittern is an achievement let alone a photo. :clap:

Cheers Mitch. Have to say I felt quite lucky to see all these rarities on the same day.:) The twitchers were going crazy over the Bittern though.:LOL:

Back