East Anglia I've got the bug! Now I can't stop snapping!

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I recently bought myself a bridge camera after really enjoying my camera on my new smartphone and reaching the limits of its ability.
I feel like I've become obsessed with taking pictures ever since and have been trying out all sorts of different things.

I've set up an instagram account for the first time but haven't really found anywhere to talk about photography yet.

So, hello and here are a couple of my favourite pictures I've taken so far.

Q4CBHQ.jpg

Qyq22T.jpg

Hi, And welcome aboard TP."Enjoy".

Welcome aboard, keep snapping :wave:

Cool! I'm still photographing everything! Sorting through hundreds of frames a day. Even built myself a toy sized studio from white card to play about with things.
I love that I now say yes to going anywhere I'm asked because I want to see what new things I can snap.

I'm loving it so far. So many great friendly people have already given me great advice on how to get the most out of the shots from my bridge camera. From. Exposure control to post processing, I can already see the improvements from taking it on board.

That's excellent news, yes, there are an awful lot of friendly people on here and you should gets lots of good advice.

(y)

Hi and welcome from me too.

Just a little tip I wish someone had passed onto me. If you ever feel you have outgrown your cameras capabilities don't go out and get another next up in the camera range it gets expensive. Go for a much better than you need at the moment one, they all have auto mode.
If i can quote from my own mistakes I first got a Nikon D70s I think it was and after a time found it just could not do all I wanted it to. So me being stupid got a Nikon D200, same again so got a Nikon D300 (still have) but moved on to my now Nikon D800.
Selling or part exchanging old camera models for upgrade reason can loose you a pile of money

I have no intention of upgrading for a very long time. I can't justify any more than I paid for my bridge unless I reach a skill level where I could justify selling my photos, and I don't think I have the natural eye to ever be there.

The more you can practise and listen to people's critiques etc the quicker you will learn. Open your eyes and your mind - that's the key.
One thought on buying new gear...
Everyone has different budgets, I don't drink much at all now but used to drink a fair amount, nowadays I just think of all the money I'm saving not drinking and put it towards different things.

The more you can practise and listen to people's critiques etc the quicker you will learn. Open your eyes and your mind - that's the key.
One thought on buying new gear...
Everyone has different budgets, I don't drink much at all now but used to drink a fair amount, nowadays I just think of all the money I'm saving not drinking and put it towards different things.
I totally agree. I am improving with every piece of advice at the moment. I would like to master my camera, but I don't feel like a DLSR and lenses would be worth the money until I really understand what type of photography pulls me in more than other styles.

I totally agree. I am improving with every piece of advice at the moment. I would like to master my camera, but I don't feel like a DLSR and lenses would be worth the money until I really understand what type of photography pulls me in more than other styles.

That is a great way of thinking, get to know everything you can about your camera, and find out what sort of photography that you really do enjoy and carry on with all the practice (y)

Back