I've picked up a nasty bug...

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
... it's buying old film cameras.

The first film camera I got was an EOS 30 which can take all of my Canon EF lenses, but looked far too much like a new DSLR for me.

So I got an Olympus OM-1 from eBay and that didn't work or was broken in transit :(. So I decided to try again and now have a lovely working OM-1n :).

And now I have just got these two beauties, for £15 each!! Can't wait to try out the medium format camera!

These are a Kodak Retinette IB and a GB Kershaw 630.

http://photography.barryjones.me.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/IMG_9998.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I bought the Retinette Ib when it first came out and it was so long ago I can't exactly remember what happened to it :) But I think something went wrong and I threw it away.

Well I bought the Retinette Ib when it first came out and it was so long ago I can't exactly remember what happened to it :) But I think something went wrong and I threw it away.

Buy another, they are super cheap on eBay :)

Eeek. Sorry guys, I didn't notice that huge thread where everyone is posting images of their cameras.

Eeek. Sorry guys, I didn't notice that huge thread where everyone is posting images of their cameras.

That's all right Barry we have a very relaxed attitude to....well just about anything really. Welcome to the hippy f&c section man, its sooooo cool in here dude.(y)

Andy

Buying 2 old cameras is a nasty bug? At a rough guess, most people who even just LOOK at this section must have rampant 'flu!!! I've got a few old rangefinders (nothing interesting, just Russian Leica copies) and an OM 10 along with a couple of AF Nikons, not to mention several 35mm and APS compacts. Managing to resist the lure of anything MF. So far! Have managed to find a source of APS film locally - someone got a few boxes (bulk) from a Trueprint that was closing down and they're knocking them out at £2 per roll. MiL's happy since she likes her old camera and can't get along with digital... ("Where do I put the film?")

Don't know about flu....pneumonia maybe. Now, talking of MF isn't it time you got yourself sorted out with a nice little folder....:naughty:

It's normal, the weirdos using dslr's for anything more than convenience are the strange ones.

(I like that folder, ran anything through it yet)

Last edited:
The thing with film cameras is the thrill of the chase. With digital everything is there online, you pick what you want and you go and collect it at a convenient time or whatever. With the old film stuff I love trailing the charity shops and the car boots because you never know what you're gonna find, alot of the time some real bargains can be had too. I do get a real joy from picking up new gear but it's a different thrill hunting down older stuff :D

It's normal, the weirdos using dslr's for anything more than convenience are the strange ones.

(I like that folder, ran anything through it yet)

Unfortunately not yet. No one round here seems to have medium format film on the shelf so I am awaiting a delivery.

The thing with film cameras is the thrill of the chase. With digital everything is there online, you pick what you want and you go and collect it at a convenient time or whatever. With the old film stuff I love trailing the charity shops and the car boots because you never know what you're gonna find, alot of the time some real bargains can be had too. I do get a real joy from picking up new gear but it's a different thrill hunting down older stuff :D

Two retro shops have turned up in town and one has a TLR, disappointed I haven't seen one in a second hand store yet. I want to grab a bargain :)

Back