iweb 08, fantastic!

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just been having a go with apples ilife suite.

Iphoto and iweb are pretty good, well worth a play with.

I used to like getting technical creating sites but dont have the times these days!

just created this:

www.gpsutton.com

Gaz

Nice site, it is very cool what you can easily bang out on a mac... may I ask where you are hosting that from. I notice you have your own domain name but the functionality of .mac.

Are you using .mac and just using your own domain name.

Shutterman

I've just been having a go with apples ilife suite.

Iphoto and iweb are pretty good, well worth a play with.

I used to like getting technical creating sites but dont have the times these days!

just created this:

www.gpsutton.com

if you keep the templates the same and don't change them then yep, pretty quick (although i changed all the spacing and added some extra bits!)

Gaz

Nice site, it is very cool what you can easily bang out on a mac... may I ask where you are hosting that from. I notice you have your own domain name but the functionality of .mac.

Are you using .mac and just using your own domain name.

Shutterman

yeah, i have my own domain with godaddy.

All you need to do is publish the site to a folder then use an ftp program to upload it

Thanks for the info Gaz...

With your domain what space and functions do you get, I am looking at starting one very soon so any info would be very helpful. Also what was the complete upload size of you site so I can gauge what my requirements will be,.

Shutterman

The whole site is only about 7mb, not v large at all!

Always worth remembering though that your upload speed is much slower than your download speed.

If i remember correctly I registered the name for 2 years and have 2 years worth of hosting for £45, thats with 1.5gb i think. inc email etc.

There are lots of options when you register, differnt server setups etc. I just went for the basics.

Hi Gaz, ye i really like the ilife suite too, i import all my photos into iphoto and split into certain events, iWeb is great too, i dont really know alot about coding etc.. so i like the (what you see is what you get) program. i created my website in iWeb too, just updated it. just wish they would take out a few more templates.

your site looks good, and great images.(y)

Chris

I'm in the process of completely re-doing my web site using iweb :D I do agree, it's an incredibly user friendly piece of software (y)

i need one of those!! iv just managed to throw a site together and it sucks!! haha.. oh well.. gonna see a man about a Mac later..

I must admit, a year or so ago the thought of me using a mac and being happy with not using a pc would have never crossed my mind...

but i have to say they are very good!

Back