Jabra BT2040 Bluetooth headset £5 delivered

probably won't work with the PS3 but hey it's £5 and it'll save you getting 3 points if you stick it in your ear before you get in your car

Last edited:
ordered cheers for finding one, i lost the last one for the PS

i got one from the orange shop cos they were on sale and it worked just fine... im sure this will aswell if not, then you spent a fiver

*** PS3 Owners!! ***
Look at the reviews guys

Customer rating: 2 out of 5 stars DOES NOT WORK WITH PS3

oddieskin | 04/01/2008 | See all oddieskin's reviews (1) »

Bought this after reading the first review. Connected to phone really easily, however, incompatible with the ps3 as it keeps disconnecting the controller. Very disappointed.

Customer rating: 2 out of 5 stars Honstly dont get this for the ps3

DZY987 | 31/12/2007 | See all DZY987's reviews (10) »

had terrible problems with this headset, bought it specially for the ps3 got it to work for 10 mins then it would just disconnect itself (along with my wireless controller) and i had trouble knowing if the device was on or off......

Customer rating: 2 out of 5 stars ps3 signal confusion?

Bluedro | 31/12/2007 | See all Bluedro's reviews (1) »

i bought this for PS3 but unfortunately it mixes signal with my controller causing it to freeze and the bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting,
although it is a bargain

Jabra was one of the first Bluetooth manufacturers and their products are fairly bullet proof ( I was part of the team that designed the Bluetooth testers thay use ;)) but Sony may not have been so rigorous in following the standard........

It doesn't help but I thought I'd point out that it's probably not Jabras fault :)

To be fair, it's advertised for use with mobile phones not video games.

As stated, bluetooth is bluetooth regardsless of platform. I dont think anyone is critising it for what it is and what it costs, just curious to how well it will work with PS3. Personally after looking on play.com, I'd spend the extra £10 and get the sony one.

This Jabra one does look amazing value for mobile phones ***

As stated, bluetooth is bluetooth regardsless of platform.

That should be true but in real life nothing is that simple. Even some phones handle BT differently, I have a really good sennheiser earpiece, on one work phone the earpiece runs out of battery power in about 4.5 hours, on another it lasts for days.

Seems it may not be such a bargain cos it uses AAAA batteries which I've never seen but believe are £2 a pop. I think I'd pay an extra £5 and get a rechargeable one. I got a Motorola for less than £10 incl p&p, but it only came with an in-car charger, however a mains charger was to be had for less tha £5 incl p&p http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/sameday-auctions & http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Mobile-Wireless. hope this is some use.

Ray

Back