weekly JamesTux 52 for 2014 Week 8 Ending

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry to start late! Here's my lines for last week, I am on this week's now!

11591110546_3830087aa2_b.jpg

Hi James, I like this one a lot. It would have been easy to have the subject in silhouette but by waiting until she walked into the reflected light you have captured the shot perfectly.

:wave: James, yes, great shot, works well (y)

Week 2, Play (actually a panto ;) )

Week 3, Close (They really are tiny cakes!)

Week 4, Bubble - this is actually an old photo but I thought it fit perfectly - I will get working on a current one too now that I am up to date.

Last edited:
Play: seems a touch to dark, nice composition tho.
Close: them cakes look good enough to eat, nice composition.
Bubble: fits the theme, I think it be better if the little girl was not squinting. The composition of the image is good.

Hi James & a belated welcome to the fun house from me :wave:

Liking your 1st image though not entirely sure why as I normally shy away from kiddie shots :thinking:

Close....very busy with a quite bizzare are of focus ( could be my eye's of course )...think it may have been easier to focus on one tier & use the DOF to show the front one's clearly ?

Bubble....good composition

ps.....I almost missed your thread as no photo's in the pic only thread.....you'll get more visitors here if you use....now you're caught up it should be easy (y)

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

With regards to the girl squinting - I know that this is her really happy face as she's my daughter - it's great to get some objective feedback on it! :)

Sorry I have only just seen your 52. Some great images so far, my only real crit is as Mandy said above, the twig through the smoke image is distracting. Great set so far though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone - taking the images isn't so tough this way, editing and posting is for some reason!

Here's mineral anyway

Mineral - fits the theme some nice textures in that rock I like it.

Sense - fits the theme, crit I would like a closer crop.

Ending - it's a nice image.

I think I would be able to offer better comments and critique if you took a little time, to add a small description for your images and what you were hoping to achieve.

Can I edit a post?

Thanks for the feedback again - as I can't see how to edit here is the thinking behind them:

Mineral - This is exactly how I see a mineral - it's the end of a geological process and it looks organic - like spores erupting from fungus.

Sense - It was just the look of the in focus person and the feeling he was giving off whilst looking out the window - and the contrast to the out of focus person. To me it was sense on a few levels.

Ending - It's the end of the day, the end of our shoot and it was nearly the end of the walk. On a much more personal and emotional level for me it's my father, he's well into his 60s and something changed on this trip, I'm normally the one that falls over (through messing about) - this time he slipped 4 times, I was trying to work out how I could carry him back up to the road if needed and I was also carrying his bag and tripod up the hill to help him out. I'm in my 30s, in lots of ways childhood has obviously ended - but this was the first time it's felt like that in this type of a situation.

There you go :)

Can I edit a post?

Thanks for the feedback again - as I can't see how to edit here is the thinking behind them:

Mineral - This is exactly how I see a mineral - it's the end of a geological process and it looks organic - like spores erupting from fungus.

Sense - It was just the look of the in focus person and the feeling he was giving off whilst looking out the window - and the contrast to the out of focus person. To me it was sense on a few levels.

Ending - It's the end of the day, the end of our shoot and it was nearly the end of the walk. On a much more personal and emotional level for me it's my father, he's well into his 60s and something changed on this trip, I'm normally the one that falls over (through messing about) - this time he slipped 4 times, I was trying to work out how I could carry him back up to the road if needed and I was also carrying his bag and tripod up the hill to help him out. I'm in my 30s, in lots of ways childhood has obviously ended - but this was the first time it's felt like that in this type of a situation.

There you go :)

Yes you can edit a post just click the edit link that shows at the bottom of your posts you make on the left hand side of the screen.

Apologies I've missed your posts so good to see you putting the latest image on the main no-comments thread

Line – Nice image of the sun rays but maybe the extremes of the bright light and the darkness of the bottom corner aren’t helping for me

Play – Hits the theme although I think a little more exposure was needed to lift this one

Close – I really do like this one (nothing to do with me feeling hungry LOL). The use of the shallow DoF gives it a nice style and yet still leaves me looking around the photo

Bubble – Great capture and expression in the child. Bubbles have some nice colour in them

Smoke – I think the twigs distract somewhat but I like what you’ve done with the smoke

Mineral – I would be tempted to suggest a closer crop on this one

Sense – I’ve finding this a bit grey so think a boost of contrast might help it somewhat

Ending – A lovely shot with some great light. I think it works well with the subject on the third and also walking away from the camera

Back