January Treasure Hunt

Greedy is killing me! My wonky is rubbish and the frame is a bit damaged and I expect odd one out will need explained but I can't get greedy...

And I never thought I'd say this, but I need a bigger puddle! Its been fairly dry here for the last couple of weeks and the little rain we've had has been late on after it was dark, by the time it gets light the puddles have all shrunk!!

that sounds a lot like that lateral thinking thing I've heard so much about.

I expect they might be reflections in an ice cube at the moment!

"Wonky"??? Uh oh, that one slipped by me unnoticed! No worries though, about 9 out of 10 of my shots fit that description!

Me too....especially "wonky", "greedy" and "odd one out"......only a west end londoner could think those up :D :D :D

:razz::razz::razz:

Ah! Why didn't I spot this earlier!

Ok, I'm in, but not a chance I'll catch all and have time to dev em and put em up. I'll give it a shot though. Will be more like a warm up for the next 15 though!

Does it have to be either ALL colour/B&W, or can we swap between?
Got an idea brewing with a Collage..

Hrímfaxi;5307407 said:

I recall reading a post that says it don't matter. Switch and swap and change as much as you want :)

Hrímfaxi;5307407 said:

15 separate shots unless you're shooting on LF where compilation shots are acceptable :D

So, you can include more than one of the subjects in the same shot if you're shooting LF but no post-production collages, sorry :(

And from the first post

Not many rules for this one, just...
Must be shot on film
Colour or b&w
Must be shot in January and posted by Feb 14th

You can use as many or as few films as you like, b&w, colour neg or transparency.

Must include the following subjects, in no particular order

1 - Bench
2 - Red phone box (or just a phone box if you live outside of the UK!)
3 - Reflection in a puddle
4 - Bird feeder
5 - Flame
6 - Vw
7 - Rock(s)
8 - Flag
9 - Souvenir
10 - Wonky
11 - 'Far away'
12 - Odd one out
13 - Love
14 - Temperature
15 - Greed

Ahhh no, by that I thought you meant it's ok to swap between films, but stick to either colour or B&W.

No worries anyway, I've decided my idea is now rubbish ... :p

EDIT: No, wait...stupidity on my part, I blame the lack of coffee, sorry!

Last edited:
Hrímfaxi;5308322 said:
No worries anyway, I've decided my idea is now rubbish ... :p

EDIT: No, wait...stupidity on my part, I blame the lack of coffee, sorry!

I know that feeling :LOL:

OK I've got a set of 15 images... and I can't find a way of doing 15 into a mosaic on the site we were pointed to! It will do "4*4 with a large centre", where the centre one takes up 4 tiles, making a maximum of 13 tiles. I guess if I can get two themes into each of two tiles, I'm in!

OK I've got a set of 15 images... and I can't find a way of doing 15 into a mosaic on the site we were pointed to! It will do "4*4 with a large centre", where the centre one takes up 4 tiles, making a maximum of 13 tiles. I guess if I can get two themes into each of two tiles, I'm in!

Hi Chris,

Go to web page and choose 'square tiles' then choose the combination of 3 columns x 5 rows or vice versa. or conversely choose square tiles 4x4 and make up an ID tile with your name in it for the 16th tile.

Hope that helps ;)

Hrímfaxi;5327997 said:
I've only got..... 3 :LOL:

I aim to rectify this over the weekend, though!

I'll pretend I didn't read this :whistle:

Hrímfaxi;5328156 said:
i'm fashionably late :p

I've never been a follower of fashion but on this occasion...............

I might ( if I'm very lucky) have 6 of the themes although I've yet to take a good look to see if they will actually suffice.:help:

Hrímfaxi;5328156 said:
It's fine... i'm fashionably late :p

You may be too fashionably late :eek:

I had a bash at this in the Cotswolds last weekend. Managed to find a shed load of shots to suit the themes over the weekend. Then, when using up the last few shots on the film... the film kept going... and going... and suddenly I was on shot 40, 41... on a film with 36 shots... methinks the take-up spool was playing silly buggers on me and I'll end up with one mega fantastic quintuplet exposure of all the required themes. Awesome.

I had a bash at this in the Cotswolds last weekend. Managed to find a shed load of shots to suit the themes over the weekend. Then, when using up the last few shots on the film... the film kept going... and going... and suddenly I was on shot 40, 41... on a film with 36 shots... methinks the take-up spool was playing silly buggers on me and I'll end up with one mega fantastic quintuplet exposure of all the required themes. Awesome.

I had a similar disaster with a roll of FP4 at the film meet on Saturday :bang:

I might finally have to admit...... I turned up a tad late for this haha.

However, I plan to carry on anyway, as it's a cool idea.

Is there a picture thread, or do we just put it on here?

I know we should have finished shooting this by now, but I haven't.

Finding a couple of themes pretty hard not to take a clichéd picture. Probably wont get them all....I'm doing my best to complete by the end of the week.
Do you think anyone will mind ?

I know we should have finished shooting this by now, but I haven't.

Got a couple of rolls to scan which will hopefully cover most of the themes....my delay now is waiting for my C41 kit that I ordered 11 days ago......still no sign of it being dispatched yet!:annoyed:

There's at least one shot/theme on a roll of vista that I purposely wanted to post in colour (assuming of course that my first attempt at C41 works out ok).

Well my first attempt at C41 deving went pretty much OK fortuanatley so managed to get my collage made up and posted.....

The way in which I've interpreted the themes, love, greed and souvenir may come across a little strange....I just hope they're acceptable.

It's interesting to see how people have interprated some of the themes......the creativity and quality is pretty darned good imo.

Quite hard work to get 15 different shots together but fun nonetheless.

Question is where's Nicks (RaglanSurf) entry...always lagging behind he is :D:D

Great idea. Really got me shooting and thinking. Happy to get them all even if I missed the 'take by' deadline.

Great idea. Really got me shooting and thinking. Happy to get them all even if I missed the 'take by' deadline.

Good to hear you enjoyed it so much cos the rest of us have plans to vote you as winner just so you can find the next 15 themes!!!! :p :D

Good to hear you enjoyed it so much cos the rest of us have plans to vote you as winner just so you can find the next 15 themes!!!! :p :D

Snot fair, didn't know it was a competition.:nono:

Asha said:

Anyway...my money is on you..

Back