January Treasure Hunt

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So, after the total success of my '52' in 2012 I suggest we start off 2013 with a treasure hunt.

Not many rules for this one, just...
Must be shot on film
Colour or b&w
Must be shot in January and posted by Feb 14th

You can use as many or as few films as you like, b&w, colour neg or transparency.

Must include the following subjects, in no particular order

1 - Bench
2 - Red phone box (or just a phone box if you live outside of the UK!)
3 - Reflection in a puddle
4 - Bird feeder
5 - Flame
6 - Vw
7 - Rock(s)
8 - Flag
9 - Souvenir
10 - Wonky
11 - 'Far away'
12 - Odd one out
13 - Love
14 - Temperature
15 - Greed

You can make a mosaic of all your final shots here http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

Which end up looking a bit like this

8329569226_a4e6b22484_z.jpg
[/url]
mosaic by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

I have shamelessly stolen this idea from another group, but hey, you've got to start the year right haven't you?

So those who have shown an interest taking part so far are:-

Norters
Asha
Alan Clogwyn
ChrisR
Woodsy (assuming he got at least 15 sheets of film for Christmas :LOL:)
Robhooley167
The Big Yin
Jao
Strappt
Geordi69
Steveo_mcg
Menthel
Walsh
Tricky69
Flying Penguin
Damien_24
VitualAdept

Last edited:
I win! Am up for this. A mini resolution of mine thus coming year is to actually commit to some sort of challenge and this seems a perfect way to start!

Blimey Nick, some of us struggle with just on theme let alone fifteen:eek: :D

Quite a cool idea mindst so count me in ......(I've gotta be crackers! :D)

Last edited:
OOh yes, I'll combine it with the unfamiliar mono challenge then I may actually get something shot!

Hey I think this sounds great. Oddly, more themes all at once seems to mean a bit less pressure than our normal "monthly challenge", or the weekly 52 themes ("sin"? I ask you!). I'll give it a go :).

I'll see what I can do, will hopefully get most of these in London on the film meet (y)

Woodsy said:
Wait... So we have to get ALL of those by January?! That's expensive for me :/

Use your OM-20 (y) could do it all one one roll of film to give it a real challenge

What an excellent idea , just. What I needed to start 2013 shooting off with.

I'm in!

Like it, count me in :)

Of course, the real problem will be in February when the 'winner' has to think of another 15 topics for the next hunt ;)

Cracking idea, let's see who can actually get out and do this.
From the crappy weather recently, i fit continues. Mine will look like I have shot it through a waterfall !!

Blimey, thats a shopping list. I'm in!

Drat, just realised I shot my last roll of 35mm b&w.

Blimey, thats a shopping list. I'm in!

Drat, just realised I shot my last roll of 35mm b&w.

well, buy more !!!! :)

Just thought, should have no problem with No 3 on the list, but in some places that puddle might look like a lake !

Great to see the interest in this, hopefully everything is achievable even for those living abroad. As is usual with our challenges all subjects are open to a bit of f&c interpretation :LOL:

I've added a potential participants list to the first post.

Last edited:
I can't guarantee finishing but stick me down! (I am just scanning film from last summer...)

OK, I'm getting organised this time! I set up an evernote pad with a page for each one so I can try and come up with some ideas that might even work. Getting organised probably doubles as a new years resolution for me :bonk:

steveo_mcg said:
OK, I'm getting organised this time! I set up an evernote pad with a page for each one so I can try and come up with some ideas that might even work. Getting organised probably doubles as a new years resolution for me :bonk:

I have replaced the crude drawing of a cat I usually have in the little window on the back of my x300 with a piece of card with the themes on :) I am very forgetful and this way I will be reminded to actually do the challenge.

haha ... I recognise that list !

I might try and have a go at this :)

They don't need to from the same film do they? I have a few in the can from today but they are on then last half of an already exposed roll that I will need to change to continue.

Hope not, I was going to use the folder for some and they wouldn't all fit on one roll!

Sounds like fun, count me in :)

Any excuse to get me out and playing with film...

Last edited:
They don't need to from the same film do they? I have a few in the can from today but they are on then last half of an already exposed roll that I will need to change to continue.

Hope not, I was going to use the folder for some and they wouldn't all fit on one roll!

You can use as many or as few films as you like, b&w, colour neg or transparency.

Sounds like fun, count me in :)

Any excuse to get me out and playing with film...

(y)

Well that was FUN! Went out this afternoon, and I've at least one candidate for each subject. I really enjoyed thinking through some of the more curly ones.

However, some are on the end of a film that's about to go off for processing, and a few more are on the start of the next film, which will probably have to wait until at least one more film is exposed before it gets sent off. But with luck I should have something by February 14...

Started work today, that's 3 covered if all goes according to plan!

Well I think I covered three off on the walk to the train station.... Will have to see whether my first Brownie night shots came off ;)

Time to lock myself in the toilet......

I'm in, as is my friend Damien_24 who's a member but never actually posted (working on that)

Do we have to have 15 seperate shots covering the 15 different themes or is it ok to have more than one theme in one frame?

Do we have to have 15 seperate shots covering the 15 different themes or is it ok to have more than one theme in one frame?

15 separate shots unless you're shooting on LF where compilation shots are acceptable :D

I was wondering if there were bonus points for least photos still covering all themes.

Maybe we could try theme golf next time, a stroke for each frame used.

Darn it. Nearly 3 weeks later I discover that the supermarket freezer temperature telltales are REALLY dim compared with surrounding lighting. As in: invisible :thumbsdown:. Back to square one on temperature then...

Darn it. Nearly 3 weeks later I discover that the supermarket freezer temperature telltales are REALLY dim compared with surrounding lighting. As in: invisible :thumbsdown:. Back to square one on temperature then...

Glad you bumped the thread Chris to remind me about this challenge....I think I've only got 3 or 4 of the themes shot so far.....have yet to take a good look at em to see if any are good enough to post.

I know we have about 3 weeks left yet but at this rate I'm gunna need 3 months!!

Back