Jazz singer.

Consider if you will that a flattering photo was not my idea more a shot of as it happened . Perhaps you may have what you would consider a ''Flattering '' photo that you have of someone. . Now that you have had some time to reconsider your silly comment you may be in a position to offer advice as to how one takes a candid shot of a singer.

Last edited:
You don't need to shoot singers while they're actually emitting a note. Just wait for a moment which isn't quite so awkward looking as the pursed lips. And if you'd waited until she wasn't hidden by the mic then the camera might have focused on her instead of the microphone.

Fwiw I'd have turned the flash off & cranked the ISO instead.

@bovey9 is right though. Singers aren't easy :)

It's kind of interesting. Not crazy about the distracting background. I would crop it to bring all the attention to her face if it were mine. Just a thought.DSC_0023.jpg

Thank you for your comments, but I do not agree with most of them. Firstly In my defence ,the shot was not a posed one ,it was taken as it happened , removing the mic would perhaps taken away the fact that she was singing . You claim that the background is distracting, what back ground ?

You claim that the background is distracting, what back ground ?
The woman with the microphone is the photo's subject in this photo. Everything else is background in this case.

Thank you for your comments, but I do not agree with most of them. Firstly In my defence ,the shot was not a posed one ,it was taken as it happened , removing the mic would perhaps taken away the fact that she was singing . You claim that the background is distracting, what back ground ?
I'm a bit confused as to what you're expecting by way of critique then tbh. If you're happy with the lighting, focus, expression and background then happy days.

I 100% agree on removing the mic to me would ruin the image in my opinion, the only thing I would get rid of is the Black bit where the poles cross over. Plus imo the edit by the member did is terrible as her face is far to white, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Back