JDM All Stars Wembley

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Right then, I've managed to blag a couple of tickets to the final round of the JDM All stars on the 17th September through a team I very loosely work with which should be an absolute giggle and is purely for fun but I still want to walk away from the day with a couple of decent shots (unless I'm still shaking from the passenger ride :)

I will have full access to the pits and the team so should be good for some cloe ups and candids but for as for the track action have not got a clue, I've played at Silverstone but that was cars racing flat out and did a complete walk of the circuit to try and find some decent vantage points. I guess the basic questions are this:

1) Does anyone have any decent drift pics with EXIF info I can browse

2) If they're building the track especially I am guessing no one will know the best vantage points, or will they...

3) Tips, tips and more tips...

I went last year, and if it's the same layout, you are most likely to be behind the fencing, unless you've got a media pass. There are two different levels to it, up the top by the pits which overlooks the whole track, and down by the clubstands which is right by the wall of the track. I found it better to shoot from the top level last year, and you can get a few vantage points depending on where along the barrier you are. The lower level is a bit limited, all though you can get REALLY close to the track and closer to the action than up top.

Of course, they may have completely changed the layout this year and everything I've said is irrelevant :LOL:

You're free to look through a few of my pics from last year, although they're pretty rubbish as I'd just got my camera the day before and had no idea what I was doing :bonk: - http://www.flickr.com/photos/chapmanphoto/sets/72157625578306370/

By the way, what team are you with, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the feedback, will bear that in mind when I get there :)

In terms of the team, not a clue :) One of the transport companies I use sponsor a scooby but that really is as much as I know :)

Quick look on the facebook images show a red and white scooby with www.japperformacenparts.co.uk right down the sides although guess that won't help narrow it down much, drivers name on the window was W. Smith (I'm guessing that's not the Will Smith we all know lmao :)

It's a completely different location and layout to last year.

Last year was a pain for me as the fences were a nightmare. Here's the pictures I got. I got invited to cover the event as media this year but had to turn it down due to the insurance I'd need to add on. Might still go for the saturday though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenthorndick/sets/72157624862529458/

4944628045_2d5f0dd2d6_b.jpg

Oh, and the pits is open to the public all day long.

Thanks for the feedback, will bear that in mind when I get there :)

In terms of the team, not a clue :) One of the transport companies I use sponsor a scooby but that really is as much as I know :)

Quick look on the facebook images show a red and white scooby with www.japperformacenparts.co.uk right down the sides although guess that won't help narrow it down much, drivers name on the window was W. Smith (I'm guessing that's not the Will Smith we all know lmao :)

That would be Walton Smith, bloody good driver :D.

This is him from last year:
4950622225_b07e0b0fd2_b.jpg

I went to one of them up here last year, and tried shooting with a 50mm lens...

Complete waste of time. Make sure you have a long lens with you :)

Good to hear that it's a different layout this year, it'll hopefully be a lot easier for those without a press pass to shoot this year.
Walton's a great driver, and you'll have a good time up there, I know I did last year :p

If you don't mind me asking, how did you those with press passes go about getting them? Is it invited togs only, or is it just a bit different to BDC?

Good to hear that it's a different layout this year, it'll hopefully be a lot easier for those without a press pass to shoot this year.
Walton's a great driver, and you'll have a good time up there, I know I did last year :p

If you don't mind me asking, how did you those with press passes go about getting them? Is it invited togs only, or is it just a bit different to BDC?

Well I am accredited to Cover BDC for 2011.. so i fired off an e-mail To Niall at JDM who sorted it for me ..

Well I am accredited to Cover BDC for 2011.. so i fired off an e-mail To Niall at JDM who sorted it for me ..

Chrissy, may I ask who you are with for your insurance as I had to turn it down as the cost of increasing to £5million PLI was too much for me to justify it.

Back