JD's 365.

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm finally going to bite the bullet and post my 365 here as well as on Flickr and Blipfoto. This being my first ever attempt at a 365, I'm not going to bore you with all of my shots. (there have been 32!! and some of my first ones were a bit iffy) I think maybe I'll just post my favourite one's so far, and then continue on from there.

Day 005

Firstly, my job is as a service engineer for a nationwide security/fire protection company. This involves a lot of driving about Northern Ireland attending jobs everywhere and anywhere.
This is the view from the beach in Carrickfergus towards the Castle. It was quite a nice day now that I look back on it.

Day 007

I was really hunting for inspiration this day. I remember panicking a bit, as I had no idea what to use for my 365 shot. But, that soon panned out ok! I was called to a church on the north coast of Norn Iron in a town called Ballycastle. It was actually my first ever "proper" HDR, with three separate exposures taken at -2, 0, +2.

Day 018

This is a picture of an abandoned linen bleach works in Larne. Was quite pleased with how this one turned out. I think I used one of the PS filters on it, not sure which one.

Day 023

This is Slemish mountain, only 10 minutes from my house. I've climbed to the top many times, it's great to just chill at the top and realise with the view that everything your going through really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Day 024

This is Sasha, our golden Labrador. This picture really summed up how I felt this day. I'm convinced animals can pick up on how your feeling and start to feel that way too. Probably the best picture I've ever taken of her, she never sits still that long.

Day 028

Was working in the far west of our wee country all day, this was taken in Dunfanaghy, Co.Donegal. I sat on the rocks with my flask and a sandwich and just felt a bit better.

Day 031-only yesterday.

I really don't like pictures of myself, probably why I prefer taking the pictures. This is one of a few self portraits I've tried. Hopefully I'll become more comfortable as my 365 goes on.

I'm not going to post today's picture, it was a bit of a cop out. It is available on both Flickr and Blipfoto, but I wouldn't bother.
I will post tomorrows picture up. Please feel free to comment/rip apart my pictures, I'm here to learn!!

Last edited:
Nice set of pictures. Day 24 says it all. Great HDR on day 7. I wish I had your job I'm stuck in an office all day. Looks like you've made a good start to the project. Good stuff.

Day 033 I'd Rather Be...

Was off sick today, just feeling really under the weather. I managed it out of bed about an hour ago, made myself a coffee thought about my 365 shot. This kind of fits how I'm feeling today. I've recently decided to stop drinking as much, I think I have only had 3 bottles of beer since New Year. Quite an achievement if you knew me!! I would rather not have a beer however, I would rather be in bed. But needs and musts always prevail.

Nice set of pictures. Day 24 says it all. Great HDR on day 7. I wish I had your job I'm stuck in an office all day. Looks like you've made a good start to the project. Good stuff.

Thanks very much, I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to comment!!(y)

The HDR shot has been my favourite as well.

Great start (y)

Really like the first and second shots and the one of Sasha. The self-portrait has perfect DOF for me, and I LOVE the beer mug shot. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next :)

Day 034 Game Night..

Quite an uninspiring day at work, at least I have only 2 more days to go before I head to Co.Cork for an urbex. Spent all of today inside a factory. Crap light when I arrived this morning and even worse when I left. A friend rang on the way home suggesting a games night in. How could I refuse??

It is guitar hero, you can see the wear on the body, I became quite obsessed for a while!!!

Day 035

Suicidal Bunny.
Busy day at work, (again) at least I've only 1 day to go until I go to Cork.
I took quite a few pictures of various things but for some reason they just didn't look right. This was a backup plan, which is always good to have. It's a poster I have in the spare room which always makes me laugh. Am I sick??

Day 036

Was annoyed all day, work was a chore, freezing weather, snow everywhere. But it all was ok when I arrived home. I'm on my Holidays!!! Off to Cork tomorrow for a long weekend, I canny wait.

Nice couple of photos - love the SB's - and the green is luscious in today's shot.

Have a fabby weekend, and take lots of pics!!

Day 037

1680195114498c86302a0f92.82319544.jpeg

5 and a half hours later we arrived. Got to the hostel without any problems. Then we went for a wee dander down through the town. Had to take this with the compact camera, no photoshop with me. This is straight from the camera with no editing. Quite a strange feeling...

Last edited:
Great stuff JD and thanks for the catch up. Welcome to the fold! (y)

Cheers Fabs.(y)

Day 038

391795194498de9dcbc5930.27908535.jpeg
:exit:

Up early this morning and headed for an abandoned college near Cork. There were hundreds of these wee beggars everywhere. A really enjoyable day overall, we have just sat and planned what we are going to see tomorrow. I realised after posting last nights picture that I do have photoshop on my laptop.:bonk: (D'oh!!) The really annoying thing is that the internet access here won't let me access my flickr account. I'm going ever so slightly mad!!! :bang::bang:

Day 039 View to Cork from Crosshaven.

1703358402498f2b25012ec1.00505341.jpeg

Another fine day in Co.Cork.:woot: Up early again and visited an old convent in Cork city and then tried to get to an army fort in Crosshaven. It was a no-go but there was some lovely views. Absolutely shattered, bed early and then up early for the 5 hour drive home. :crying:

Wow, all that blue! Now that's a place I wanna be. (y)

Day 040

Arrived home from Cork about half two this afternoon. Saw my new BT Vision box sitting waiting to be set up. "That was quick" I thought, I only ordered it on Friday.

Pulled out the display unit, wired it all up and switched it on. After half an hour this message appeared. Apparently my BT Vision service isn't going to be activated until tomorrow. Why Oh Why Oh Why do I have the box now then???

Rant over.

GRRRRR!!!!

Great shots from the last few days (y)

Hope you get your BT Vision sorted out tomorrow!

Oh, just in case you are in "Norn Iron" and need to talk to someone who works on a "helpline", don't get a Northern Irish person to talk to them. After 3 different people I just put the phone down.

Day 041 The New Toy...

A bit of a rushed one tonight, BT Vision looks really good, hopefully it will maintain my interest. I've been enjoying the On Demand service quite a lot. I've watched 2 football matches and a film. All while my favourite programmes are recording!! I'm off to watch Shameless....

Last edited:
Day 042

No idea what this bird is, a Heron??

I sat and had lunch beside a river in a town called Toome today. Was really idyllic. I didn't notice this wee fella until he turned his head. He sat in the same spot for ages, I really wanted to get a flying shot but didn't have the time to wait. They say it's all about being on the right place at the right time. At least that was true for my 365 shot today. I wish I could have got closer and it was a bit sharper, but it'll have to do.

Day 043. The Grey Day.

The grey day. Under pressure with work, fed up with our so called "service desk" constantly ringing with the most stupid questions imaginable. This was taken in "stroke city" at lunch time. I stood and had a sandwich at the riverside and took a deep breath. But it looked cold so I got back in the van...

At least you had some cloud definition. That might look quite good as B&W.

Hmm, maybe you could up the contrast in the land mass at the far end?

Day 044.

Friday the 13th nearly over without any incident. I say nearly..:naughty:..After yesterdays B&W I thought I would try another one. I used my 70-300 for a landscape shot for a change, I think it works. It's more like a selective landscape lens. I'm heading out for a few beers tonight, so be prepared for a very drunk Irish man spamming off-topic later on tonight. You have been warned..

Exif: 1/125, f5.6 300mm iso 200

I think this works better than the previous one. Nice sky detail and it has a nice moody feel to it. (y)

Day 045

Sasha sitting nice and still for a change. I'm really hungover...big hangover busting fry is being cooked as I type this. I've only realised that I use a sepia tone for every picture of Sasha. I don't know why??

Awww, she's lovely. I think the sepia suits her, maybe something to do with the colour of her coat?

Thanks Fabs, It's taken her a while to get used to the camera...She doesn't like the 70-300 but the nifty suits her ok, I think I have a prime lens only dog...

I'm just amazed she can use a camera, whatever lens is attached! :LOL:

Back