Jenny's 52 - Part 2 - Week 52 - The End

I'd thought it was the cliffs... the sea looks straight to me.

Lots more interesting shots here. By a country mile my favourite is the beech - I love the way the leaves pop out of the shot.

I actually prefer the first Jasmine shot - I think the shadows add depth and contrast making for a more striking shot.

Phil

Your wall has become my fav one to visit. Of course, im SO jealous that every week you manage to pull wonderfulness out of your lens.
I really think this series of yours would make a wonderful book and study ;)

Lots more interesting shots here. By a country mile my favourite is the beech - I love the way the leaves pop out of the shot.

I actually prefer the first Jasmine shot - I think the shadows add depth and contrast making for a more striking shot.

Phil

Thanks for your comments, Phil. I cannot make up my mind about the jasmine shot.

Your wall has become my fav one to visit. Of course, im SO jealous that every week you manage to pull wonderfulness out of your lens.
I really think this series of yours would make a wonderful book and study ;)

Thanks, Dade. Your comments really help to build my self-confidence. I am so unsure of myself with respect to photography. I know how to take photos of some things, but not a clue about others, or about adverse conditions when I tend to revert to trial and error. I use a very limited set of functions on the camera but would love to learn more.

Jenny

This week has been very dull and overcast and the sun has not made much of an appearance (when I had time to take photographs). This does not offer good conditions for photography. Nevertheless, I have made an attempt.

You should try picking up a few twigs sometime. You will be amazed what could be lurking there. My first photo is not particulary interesting but shows a jelly fungus called Witch's Butter. It is all squishy when you press it. Not only that, there are at least 2 types of lichen and some moss on this twig.

Img_4759b.jpg

Next I found some Yellow Brain Fungus, so-called for obvious reasons. I have not messed with the colour on this one at all. It really was that colour. Again a squishy jelly fungus nestled among various lichen on a twig. I rather like this photo.

Img_4721b.jpg

Getting so close to the end of the 52, my mind is turning to the regular garden visitors that I have not taken during the year. So, these may be only "record" shots rather than works of art, but I would like to include them because they are an integral part of the garden. First, one of the many male blackbirds.

Img_4338b.jpg

Next one of the carrion crows who are always hanging around (not keen on crows).

Img_4457b.jpg

Finally, it is a pity that his head is turned away, but I could not resist posting this one. I just love all the different coloured feathers. There are lots of pheasants in the garden at the moment. Someone must breed them close by and they all flock into our garden as if they know they will be safe here (we often hear shooting in the woods). There were 18 of them in the garden the other day when I opened the curtains in the morning. So, here is Mister P, at least until he turns into someone's Christmas dinner.

Img_4657b.jpg

As usual, hints, tips C & C are very welcome.

Jenny

Last edited:
I love the Robin and the Brain fungus, while the pheasant made me laugh out loud. It is a brilliant capture - great colours and details, and his expression is priceless. Talk about being 'bird-brained'!

Hope you had a good holiday Jenny - from those shots it looks absolutely spectacular!
At this end, I've hit upon a fatal flaw in my plan to get some bird shots. Currently, it's dark when I leave for work, dark when I get home and the last few weekends have been overrun with sorting out Christmas stuff. Look like the bird photography may have to wait until the New Year :LOL:

Huge catch up for me on this thread.

Week 46 : Your fungi shots are up to your usual high standard, but I was amazed to read just how small those first two are. Fantastic job at handling the DoF and getting that amount of clarity in them.

Week 47 : The sunset shot is stunning.
Colours and exposure look perfect and the reflection in the sea is beautiful. I also really like the swirly wave in the foreground. My only suggestion on this would have been to frame it with slightly less of the cliff on the RHS in shot. It just looks a bit too heavy and imposing to me alongside the lighter feel of the rest of the image.

Week 48 : I think you're right with the second Jasmine shot. It's that little bit more subtle than the first one and just seems to work better.
And who doesn't love a Christmas Robin? :love:

Week 49 : Two yucky looking but intriguing fungi this week (y). This thread really has been an education on the things that may be hidden away in the garden. I really like the contrast of the yellow brain fungus against the green lichen.
Good to see your regular garden friends putting in an appearance too. The colours in the pheasant shot are gorgeous.

Interesting fungi there Jenny... where are you finding them all...

As for the birdies, you picked a couple of real toughies to get the exposure right on, and it looks like you nailed them nicely (the exposure that is, not the birds :D)...

As for the pheasant, a good closeup, wonderful strong colours.

Brain fungus aptly named, lol. Fantastic stuff truly.

As for the birds I have to go with the pheasant too, just for the colour but the expression (if you can call it that) on the crow is cool.

When viewing your page now I tease myself by scrolling down slowly only revealing one image at a time, and each time I do the following image is just better and better - really how do you do it!? such a tease :naughty:

Yellow Brain Fungus - an amazing colour. Hope Mr P escapes turing into dinner.

Thanks, JL. Mr P will not end up on my dinner plate, but I cannot guarantee about anyone else's :(

I love the Robin and the Brain fungus, while the pheasant made me laugh out loud. It is a brilliant capture - great colours and details, and his expression is priceless. Talk about being 'bird-brained'!

Thanks, Tracer. There is virtually every colour of the rainbow in that pheasant photo. You would never realise it without a close-up photo.

Hope you had a good holiday Jenny - from those shots it looks absolutely spectacular!
At this end, I've hit upon a fatal flaw in my plan to get some bird shots. Currently, it's dark when I leave for work, dark when I get home and the last few weekends have been overrun with sorting out Christmas stuff. Look like the bird photography may have to wait until the New Year :LOL:

Huge catch up for me on this thread.

Week 46 : Your fungi shots are up to your usual high standard, but I was amazed to read just how small those first two are. Fantastic job at handling the DoF and getting that amount of clarity in them.

Week 47 : The sunset shot is stunning.
Colours and exposure look perfect and the reflection in the sea is beautiful. I also really like the swirly wave in the foreground. My only suggestion on this would have been to frame it with slightly less of the cliff on the RHS in shot. It just looks a bit too heavy and imposing to me alongside the lighter feel of the rest of the image.

Week 48 : I think you're right with the second Jasmine shot. It's that little bit more subtle than the first one and just seems to work better.
And who doesn't love a Christmas Robin? :love:

Week 49 : Two yucky looking but intriguing fungi this week (y). This thread really has been an education on the things that may be hidden away in the garden. I really like the contrast of the yellow brain fungus against the green lichen.
Good to see your regular garden friends putting in an appearance too. The colours in the pheasant shot are gorgeous.

Yes, thanks, Sarah, we had a lovely holiday, although it is now a distant memory :(

I know the feeling with lack of light. The days are so short even when you are at home. Hopefully you will be able to start practising your bird shots again after Christmas.

Yes, I agree with you about the cliffs being a bit heavy on the right-hand side. I took quite a few shots with varying amounts of cliffs in the shot, but I wanted to catch an interesting wave formation.

Interesting fungi there Jenny... where are you finding them all...

As for the birdies, you picked a couple of real toughies to get the exposure right on, and it looks like you nailed them nicely (the exposure that is, not the birds :D)...

As for the pheasant, a good closeup, wonderful strong colours.

Thanks, John. You know there is fungus all over the place. Most people just don't notice them. The two from last week were just on bits of dead branches that had fallen off the trees. Yes, I know I am a bit of a nutcase spending my time picking up dead twigs :wacky:

Brain fungus aptly named, lol. Fantastic stuff truly.

As for the birds I have to go with the pheasant too, just for the colour but the expression (if you can call it that) on the crow is cool.

When viewing your page now I tease myself by scrolling down slowly only revealing one image at a time, and each time I do the following image is just better and better - really how do you do it!? such a tease :naughty:

Dade, I am truly amazed at your enthusiasm for my shots. Many thanks. LOL, I always deliberately put my favourite shot at the end.

I am starting to panic a bit about the last few weeks. I hope I can keep up the quality of the shots. I don't want to talk up any bad weather but I would really like some frost shots.

Jenny

Once again Jenny another fantastic set for week 49 (y). You really do have an amazing talent for finding colour and detail in your photographs. As Sarah said, your images are an education. Stand out images for me are the crow and pheasant, particularly the expression and character you have managed to capture. Iain

I usually take the family to country parks to enjoy flora & fauna but I think I should bring them to your garden! How much is the entry fee??

More smashing bird shots, but my favourite of the week is the witches butter. I love the subject and the delicate lichen that accompanies the fungi.

Phil

By the way - I'm not sure you understood my last comment on the thread regarding your landscapes - I was saying I usually prefer your flora/fauna shots, but the landscapes are getting notably better!

Last edited:
Once again Jenny another fantastic set for week 49 (y). You really do have an amazing talent for finding colour and detail in your photographs. As Sarah said, your images are an education. Stand out images for me are the crow and pheasant, particularly the expression and character you have managed to capture. Iain

Many thanks, Iain. I was rather pleased with the pheasant but I think the best way to describe the crow is supercilious :D

I usually take the family to country parks to enjoy flora & fauna but I think I should bring them to your garden! How much is the entry fee??

More smashing bird shots, but my favourite of the week is the witches butter. I love the subject and the delicate lichen that accompanies the fungi.

Phil

By the way - I'm not sure you understood my last comment on the thread regarding your landscapes - I was saying I usually prefer your flora/fauna shots, but the landscapes are getting notably better!

Thanks, Phil, but I think people would be demanding their money back if I charged a fee :LOL: However, I have to admit that it is worth a visit during the bluebell season! We are surrounded by bluebell woods and I have never been able to do justice to them in my photographs.

I am surprised that you like the witches butter. I nearly did not post that one.

Glad that you think my landscapes are improving :)

Jenny

I know I keep moaning about this, but lack of light is a huge problem at this time of year :( I had no opportunity to take photos this week (no time, light or subjects) and by Saturday I was feeling quite despondent. Then it started snowing and I thought I was sure to get some decent photos of the snow - not to be :( Most of the photos were rubbish. If there had been just a glimmer of sun through the clouds, they might have worked, but the weather has been so grey.

So here is the only one I salvaged from my snow photos. I like it but it is too similar to the beech leaves shot that I did a few weeks ago.

Img_4864b.jpg

While I was out looking for subjects, I saw a Treecreeper. Sadly the lens was not long enough for a decent shot.

We only had a couple of inches of snow here but it has been very cold, minus 10C last night. The snow that has fallen is not going to disappear in a hurry with those sort of temperatures. So, I have been putting out plenty of food for the birds, also in the hope that there will be some more photo opportunities.

Here is a visitor to the bird table. I rather like this shot. Again, like the pheasant last week, the colours in the feathers are beautiful when you look closely and although it is not a bird that I particularly like, I love the snow on its beak.

Img_5134b.jpg

After the despondence yesterday, I was really excited today. So much so that I am posting 3 more shots.

Every year, we get a flock of redwings passing through, usually in large numbers. They don't stay long and ferret around in the grass picking up leaves to find food underneath. They are always too far away for a decent shot - until today :) They decided to raid the Pyracantha and were gobbling up the berries at an amazing rate, swallowing them whole. Two female blackbirds, who think the Pyracantha belongs to them, were very upset and tried to chase the redwings away, to no avail.

Please bear in mind it was very dull and grey and these were taken through the window. Virtually all my bird shots of the last few weeks have been taken at 1600 ISO so I have had to do some noise reduction which has left them a bit soft.

So here are the best redwing shots I have ever taken . . .

Img_5554b.jpg

Img_5389b.jpg

Img_5673b.jpg

Your comments are very welcome.

Jenny

Love the ice on the pigeon's beak Jenny... and well done on the redwings they look great. Not even seen one here.

I love the redwing pictures especially the second one- really good if they are through glass. I had a couple of woodpigeons today gobbling up the food I had put out for the little birds but I quite like wood pigeons and they need food too in this weather. Nice close up you have of his eye and the bits in his beak.

The redwing shots are great! Congratulations on a super set of pics.

Phil

Love the ice on the pigeon's beak Jenny... and well done on the redwings they look great. Not even seen one here.

Thanks, John. I did not know what they were when I first saw them a few years ago. I had to look them up in my book. I only see them once a year.

I love the redwing pictures especially the second one- really good if they are through glass. I had a couple of woodpigeons today gobbling up the food I had put out for the little birds but I quite like wood pigeons and they need food too in this weather. Nice close up you have of his eye and the bits in his beak.

Thanks, Sue. Yes, I know wood pigeons need food too. There are just so many of them, I find them a bit of a pest and in the summer they are cooing all day long.

love the last one of the redwing.

Thanks, JL. That is my favourite, too.

The redwing shots are great! Congratulations on a super set of pics.

Phil

Thanks, Phil. Their visit made my weekend.

One thing I should mention - the Pyracantha berries have all gone. The blackbirds must be really angry.

Jenny

I love the redwings, particularly nos.2 and 3. They have come out amazingly well given the conditions.

I saw redwings and fieldfares in my garden for the first time last winter, but haven't noticed any yet this time. They are lovely birds.

I love the redwings, particularly nos.2 and 3. They have come out amazingly well given the conditions.

I saw redwings and fieldfares in my garden for the first time last winter, but haven't noticed any yet this time. They are lovely birds.

Thanks, Tracer. I am sure we must also get fieldfares but I have never knowingly seen any. Seeing the redwings is pure luck because they never stay long.

Jenny

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you have recovered from the festivities.

Week 51 - it is hard to believe that we have almost completed this marathon. Congratulations to everyone who has stuck it out this year. I think we should get a medal at the end of it :LOL:

Sorry to moan yet again but this week has been terrible for photography - grey, grey, grey and misty thrown in :( The sun finally made an appearance on Christmas day (bad timing in the middle of Christmas lunch), but it did appear again today for a while. As well as grey, it has been really cold, down to -12C here last week and never above freezing during the day, so the little snow that we had has not disappeared.

So, those are my excuses for a lousy photography week. I am not happy with any of these, but I am posting them anyway.

Firstly, the bad weather has some benefits. The deer are back after months of playing hard to get. Both the muntjacs and the roe (4 of them on the lawn the other day) are finding the garden a good place to find food. However, the lack of light has made it almost impossible to photograph them. This one of Mrs M. is about the best, but the fence and wire behind don't make it a very attractive photo. Taking it at 1600 ISO does not help either.

Img_6157b.jpg

I have been putting lots of food out for the birds, so we get the usual hangers-on. Again, lousy light and 1600 ISO :(

Img_5962b.jpg

The pond is of course frozen over, although there is a bit at the end where the spring fills the pond that is not iced over. There are lots of bird and animal footprints over the ice, but no way to get a decent photo. So, I settled for this one instead.

Img_6501b.jpg

When the sun shone this morning I took this one. It looks like someone has sprinkled the berberis with sugar.

Img_6399b.jpg

Finally, I am really annoyed about this one. If I had a bit more DOF I would have got the drips in focus :( The background is rather distracting unfortunately.

Img_6280b.jpg

So, not a good week. I hope I can do better for the last week of the year. Fingers crossed for some better light.

C & C very welcome.

Jenny

Last edited:
There is not much daylight at this time of year, is there. The squirrel is cute but just a pity you couldn't get the eye in focus. I have a very low success rate with squirrels - they move so fast!

I like the oak leaf but it needs some sun - don't we all! The berberis has come out well but I think my favourite is the last one. I don't find the background too distracting - I like the patterns it makes behind the really interesting icicle shapes. And as the centre icicle is sharp I am not bothered by the slight softness of the drip.

Only one more week to go - at least you get to choose your own subject!

my favourite is the frosty berberis - it is really pretty

Thanks, JL. It really helps to have a bit of sunshine.

There is not much daylight at this time of year, is there. The squirrel is cute but just a pity you couldn't get the eye in focus. I have a very low success rate with squirrels - they move so fast!

I like the oak leaf but it needs some sun - don't we all! The berberis has come out well but I think my favourite is the last one. I don't find the background too distracting - I like the patterns it makes behind the really interesting icicle shapes. And as the centre icicle is sharp I am not bothered by the slight softness of the drip.

Only one more week to go - at least you get to choose your own subject!

Thanks for your feedback, Tracer. It's funny, but the squirrel's eye looks in focus to me, otherwise I would not have posted this one.

Do you think this one is better? Not a very interesting pose but more of the squidge is in focus.

Img_5898b.jpg

I agree that the oak leaf needs some sun. I need some, too. Dull and grey again today :(

Glad you like the icicle. Just a bit more DOF and the droplet would have been in focus.

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Merry Xmas!

I like your shots this week. The squirrel looks sharp to me and the leaf in ice is interesting. I've never managed to photograph wild deer - I still think there's potential to hire your garden out to photographers!

Phil

Merry Christmas Jenny !!!!
Hope you and your family had a good one.

I'm really pleased to see the muntjacs returning to your 52, but it's the Redwings from week 50 that really jump out for me - especially the last 2 shots. Absolutely stunning :clap:

The squirrel's eye looks perfectly in focus to me, but the reflections do give it a very liquid feel which is maybe why it doesn't appear quite as sharp as the eyes in the bird shots.

Oak leaf on the ice is nicely framed and well focused, as Tracer said, it's just a shame that there wasn't a little bit of sun to give it a sparkle. Frosty Berberis is beautiful, but I really love the icicle shot. They almost look like antlers.

Well done on almost reaching the end. It's been a pleasure looking in on your thread every week this year.

Hi Jenny

Merry Xmas!

I like your shots this week. The squirrel looks sharp to me and the leaf in ice is interesting. I've never managed to photograph wild deer - I still think there's potential to hire your garden out to photographers!

Phil

Thanks for your comments, Phil. Sadly most wildlife photography is at the mercy of the weather so this time of year is difficult. There is certainly plenty of wildlife for photographers but you can never guarantee when they are going to be around. There is a huge amount of luck involved. The deer went AWOL for several months and when they do turn up it is usually dusk and too dark for photos :(

Merry Christmas Jenny !!!!
Hope you and your family had a good one.

I'm really pleased to see the muntjacs returning to your 52, but it's the Redwings from week 50 that really jump out for me - especially the last 2 shots. Absolutely stunning :clap:

The squirrel's eye looks perfectly in focus to me, but the reflections do give it a very liquid feel which is maybe why it doesn't appear quite as sharp as the eyes in the bird shots.

Oak leaf on the ice is nicely framed and well focused, as Tracer said, it's just a shame that there wasn't a little bit of sun to give it a sparkle. Frosty Berberis is beautiful, but I really love the icicle shot. They almost look like antlers.

Well done on almost reaching the end. It's been a pleasure looking in on your thread every week this year.

Thanks, Sarah, I have really appreciated your very detailed comments. The positive feedback that I have received this year has really spurred me on to complete the 52.

I also selected 12 shots, one from each month, and made a calendar which was very well received by the relatives this Christmas.

Jenny

Your second squirrel shot looks much sharper/in focus to my eyes on my CRT monitor (and I'm wearing the correct pair of my 5 pairs of specs :D) It is very cute :clap:.

Your second squirrel shot looks much sharper/in focus to my eyes on my CRT monitor (and I'm wearing the correct pair of my 5 pairs of specs :D) It is very cute :clap:.

LOL, Tracer, I only have 4 pairs of glasses!

Because of the lack of light I could only manage a very small DOF. The first shot was taken at an angle so most of it is OOF. However, on the second he is parallel to the camera which means that more of him is in focus.

I am really worried about getting a shot this week. The weather is grey and misty yet again - impossible to take photos. Really annoying since I actually have more time this week.

Jenny

I am really worried about getting a shot this week. The weather is grey and misty yet again - impossible to take photos. Really annoying since I actually have more time this week.
Jenny

Take a grey and misty landscape photo! You seem to have lots of beautiful trees and views round about. Have a look at the bottom one in Dade's set here to see the possibilities.

What a pain the weather and light has been recently... I feel for you with the settings... painful isn't it.

Anyway... Love the frosty berberis, the best of the set for me. The second squidger is much better

Take a grey and misty landscape photo! You seem to have lots of beautiful trees and views round about. Have a look at the bottom one in Dade's set here to see the possibilities.

Of course, you are absolutely right, Tracer. I did take my camera out after you posted this but did not manage any decent mist shots :(

What a pain the weather and light has been recently... I feel for you with the settings... painful isn't it.

Anyway... Love the frosty berberis, the best of the set for me. The second squidger is much better

Thanks, John. Your comments are much appreciated.

Jenny

The final week :) Today I hardly know what to do with myself, not having to take the camera out to get some shots. I wanted to go out with a bang rather than a whimper, so I decided to take some shots just after midnight of the firework display they have each New Year down in the valley. Sadly the fireworks did not materialise - cost-cutting, I wonder?

So, I am now forced to go out with a whimper. It has been grey and misty all week and I took Tracer's advice and tried to get some misty shots. Sadly beyond my skill set. So when all else fails, I'm afraid I have to fall back on lichen (useful stuff for desperate nature photographers :D).

Firstly, the only non-lichen shot I took all week. This guy was very pleased to see the end of the snow. He spends his life picking ants out of the lawn and was very upset when everything was covered with snow. I wanted to get a shot with a more unusual pose. Even though that is not the best shot that I took of him, I liked the pose and the muddy beak. Taken at ISO 1600 in very low light conditions.

Img_6712b.jpg

I used the Raynox for the lichen shots so DOF was an issue. I find lichen really intriguing. Mostly so tiny you cannot see any details, but when you magnify them it opens up a whole new world which we don't know exists.

In this first shot, I have no idea how many different kinds of lichen there are. The reddy/brown stuff I think may be fungus but I really don't know.

Img_6822b.jpg

This next one is, I think, a fungus (the brown ball centre left) growing through lichen on a twig. To give an idea of scale, the brown ball is 2mm diameter (I measured it). The lichen is the green and bluey/black. Weird stuff.

Img_6616b.jpg

I am posting the next one only because of the funny little spikes growing out of the leafy green bits (I am sure this is not the correct technical jargon).

Img_6780b.jpg

Finally, my favourite. Again I have no idea how many different types of lichen there are in this photo. To give you an idea of scale, the twig is 1cm wide.

Img_6576b.jpg

If there are any lichen buffs out there who can identify these for me, I would very much appreciate it.

I would like to say a big thankyou to everyone who has commented on my photos during the year. I probably would not have completed this project without your encouragement, comments and suggestions.

I started this project to improve my photography skills and I think I have to some extent. I use much less trial and error now and tend to know what works and what does not work. This project grew from being just a 52 to a much bigger endeavour - recording a whole year in the garden. I have started working on a Blurb book and will hopefully post a link to a preview when I complete it.

One of my aims over the years has been to make people more aware of the nature and wildlife around them. I don't live in the middle of nowhere. I live in a village just a few miles outside a large town in Berkshire. For most people, the wildlife that I have photographed is just on your doorstep. When I complete my book, I am planning to give a copy to the village school so that the children can see the wonderful nature and wildlife in their own village.

As usual, comments on this week's efforts are very welcome. I am also planning to post a few outtakes later this week, which may be of interest.

Once again many thanks for visiting my thread and your support. Wishing you all a very Happy and Healthy New year.

Jenny

another set of lovely images Jenny. I certainly learnt from your 52 that there is a huge variety of lichen and fungi out there.

Good luck with the book and best wishes for the new year.

Well done on seeing this through Jenny and a Happy New Year to you.
I've learnt so much from this thread and it's really inspired me to take more of an interest in nature photography - so thank you.

Personally I think you're bowing out in great style and it seems fitting that your final shots are of lichen. I seem to remember one of your very first shots being of some absolutely beautiful mossy / licheny thingy. (as you can see I'm not going to be any help whatsoever in helping you i.d. them :LOL:)

Beautiful shots this week as always. Love the lichen on the twig photographs - it's amazing what is there when you actually look for it. The funny spiky green things stand out, but I think I agree with your favourite :clap:

No need to apologise for a "whimper" - you have posted another set of cracking shots. The lichens are really amazing and I must go and look a bit harder myself. The last twig looks almost like a snake.

I think it is a brilliant idea to do a book for the local children - I am sure they and their teachers will appreciate it. You have certainly opened my eyes.

All the best for the New Year and hope we will see you continuing to post stunning photos - I have enjoyed them so much this past year.

:clap::clap::clap:

another set of lovely images Jenny. I certainly learnt from your 52 that there is a huge variety of lichen and fungi out there.

Good luck with the book and best wishes for the new year.

Thanks, JL. I very much appreciate your comments.

Well done on seeing this through Jenny and a Happy New Year to you.
I've learnt so much from this thread and it's really inspired me to take more of an interest in nature photography - so thank you.

Personally I think you're bowing out in great style and it seems fitting that your final shots are of lichen. I seem to remember one of your very first shots being of some absolutely beautiful mossy / licheny thingy. (as you can see I'm not going to be any help whatsoever in helping you i.d. them :LOL:)

Beautiful shots this week as always. Love the lichen on the twig photographs - it's amazing what is there when you actually look for it. The funny spiky green things stand out, but I think I agree with your favourite :clap:

Thanks, Sarah. I am glad my thread has inspired you to take more nature shots. I have really appreciated your very detailed comments each week. It is always good to receive constructive feedback. I find photography a very solitary pastime and sometimes need to know whether or not I am heading in the right direction.

No need to apologise for a "whimper" - you have posted another set of cracking shots. The lichens are really amazing and I must go and look a bit harder myself. The last twig looks almost like a snake.

I think it is a brilliant idea to do a book for the local children - I am sure they and their teachers will appreciate it. You have certainly opened my eyes.

All the best for the New Year and hope we will see you continuing to post stunning photos - I have enjoyed them so much this past year.

:clap::clap::clap:

Many thanks, Tracer. Your comments have been much appreciated. Yes, lichens are quite incredible and most people don't even notice them. I know almost nothing about them. Yet more to learn this year!

I would really like to get more into macro and would love an MP/E but unfortunately Santa did not bring one this year and I cannot justify the expense :(

Jenny

Well done on completing a fantastic 52 Jenny, from start to finish your photographs have been well seen, well captured and certainly educational in their content. I have enjoyed dropping into your 52, always colourful too. Thankyou for your comments throughout the year too, they have been much appreciated. Kindest regards, Iain

Back