Jessops 360AFD Canon

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

Do you recommend this flash at all as my first flash, or should I save more and go for the 430 Canon Speedlight?

I am thinking that the Jessops could be good to learn with, and then could become a spare or slave if I decide to upgrade?

Thanks.

Works well for me, I bought it as a last minute "oh-hell-I-need-a-flash-because-the-person-who-was-going-to-lend-me-their-430EXII-decided-to-be-a-git-and-change-their-mind"

I had a gig to photograph, and the photos came out great, I wouldn't have seen that much improvement if I'd used a 430EXII, in my opinion.

Go for it, it's about £80 if I recall correctly. Get some decent rechargeable batteries and you're all set. (eneloop ones seem a popular choice on here)

edit: duplicate post, for some obscure reason.

Last edited:
I have been offered a used one for £50.

But still, at £80 they are cheap.

But would that money be better going towards a 430 which is around £160 used?

I have one for my Nikon which I purchased instead of the SB-900 because I personally prefer to use natural light but do very occasionally need flash. It does it's job for me atm but thats because its only "ohh if I must".. I have a wedding next year and might use that as an excuse to upgrade, but brilliant if your on a budget like I was when I blew the rest on cameras and lenses :)

I'd buy the Jessops one, and if you don't get on with it Jessops aren't too bad with refunds. I told them it was a present for a friend when I got mine, in case I didn't get on with it. My planned excuse was that friend's parents out-did me and bought them a new 430EXII - but I haven't had to use the excuse (y)

I have it in Sony fit, got to admit I've only used it on a couple of occasions but it does exactly as it's supposed to. Does everything I need it to but I'm no strobist :)

Sorry dont have it, I went for the Nissin Di622 instead which has optical slave facility and wireless ettl as well, though not as good as my 430EX or 580EX it is at under half the cost of a new 430 the best "also ran" to my mind.

A few reviews that I have read have spoken badly about the Jessops.

I think I may just save £100 more and go for the 430ex from Jacobs.

I have one, and while fin indoors off camera, the IR unit is not good enough outdoors on the Jessops and I have been frustrated by it many times. Seems you might be better with Yongnuo flashes and triggers... Much cheaper... and seem to be better....

Back