Jessops AF Extension Tubes 29.99

Name
Gary Chennells
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all - Merry Christmas...

I have been looking at getting a set of extension tubes for my 400d - I was going to get a ten pound non af set from ebay as I prefer to focus manually and did not feel it worth th 70 odd pounds for kenko af ones...

Then I saw that Jessops are selling their own AF tubes for 29.99 in their end of year sale, supposedly reduced from 74.99.

Surely this can't be a bad buy? Has anybody got these, and are they significantly worse (ie half price worse!) than the others out there?

Thank you...

Gary

Doesn't say if they are EF or EF/EFS

The ones i have in the for sale forum are EF/EFS (Kenko) :D

Nothing wrong with Jessops tubes I have been using my set for over a year and they are great.
At that price you can't go wrong.

Thanks for informing that these exist. If i get my 50mm lens tomorrow i will be getting these on boxing day !!!

Use the code JESODHSC25 and get a further 25% off the price, bringing it down to £22.49

Reserve online and collect in store.

I don't want to hijack but could someone link me to anything explaining an extension tube? I'm going to purchase a nifty fifty and with no magnification I'm a little worried I won't be 100% happy with it on its own.

I don't want to hijack but could someone link me to anything explaining an extension tube? I'm going to purchase a nifty fifty and with no magnification I'm a little worried I won't be 100% happy with it on its own.

Here is one explanation with pics:-

http://www.shutterfreaks.com/Tips/ExtensionTube.htm

I too am going to get a nifty fifty for my 1st choice of an additional lens. I have based my decision on all the comments I have read on these forums. Do a search for "nifty fifty" for the threads. Limit the search to 3 months though to help the database! :)

Use the code JESODHSC25 and get a further 25% off the price, bringing it down to £22.49

Reserve online and collect in store.

Nice tip, I have just ordered a set to pick up from Manchester tomorrow any time after 9.45 :)

Should work nicely with my nifty fifty

Mine are ready for collection tomorrow too... Gawd, the dark side of macro is luring me back ;)

Thank you all for your help - I have now ordered these and pick them up on the 29th...

Glad so many of you were interested. And thank you for that code - £22.49. Brilliant!

Have a good day.

Gary

Can everybody use that code or just one person ?

Anyone can use it, but you can only use it online, they won't be able to process it within the store.

So, if you reserve online and use the code the store will honour it.

The code is for 25% off any Jessops branded item. So you could use it on anything else, though I'm not sure if there is anything else worth buying.

Is there the same deal on a NIKON set as I cannot find any??

Anyone on this please as I'm also interested in Nikon ones (y)

I don't believe there is a Nikon version.., or at least their website isn't showing that they sell them.

Jessops is being a pain in the backside with my debit card AGAIN !!!! Arghhh so im just printing off all the stuff so i can get it for the £22 with that code.

I might as well ask. Can I use these on the standard kit lens?

Tobes, if your lens fits your body then these should fit in between them. I've only used extension tubes on manual cameras before so I'm not sure if the AF will work but I'm hoping it will, metering will definitely work properly. Just ordered mine, will be collecting them on saturday :)

Sweet. Should force me to use manual then.

Ohhh and they are open tomorrow. I can go in to Truro tomorrow and grab it before I go up to see family. Yey!

Ive got an old set of Nikon PK11, 12 and 13 and when I use them with my 50mm, I don't get any auto exposure. Maybe it is because I have a D40? It doesn't really matter though, as you can take a few shots to get the right exposure and just ditch the ones that weren't quite there. I love digi;)

With so may getting a set, I'm looking forward to the "Shot With Jessops AF Extension Tubes" thread over the next week or so :LOL:

With so may getting a set, I'm looking forward to the "Shot With Jessops AF Extension Tubes" thread over the next week or so
Lol you bet....

There better be some in Newcastle tomorrow morning or i will probally have a breakdown especially seeing as i cant reserve online because some stupid store locator is buggered

OK the orders done. Annoying thing is though I assumed I can just go in and get it but the website made it sound like I have to wait till its ready. Which isn't good as I dont have all day.

Ordered a set too, can't go wrong for £22 :p

Email said mine will be ready to collect from 9am 26th Dec. Am going sale shopping tomorrow so will pick them up while I'm out.

They have just phoned me up from Manchester saying they don't have my order in the store as there has been a problem with the system, and won't have them for at least week

A Jessops con on the way I think

Well it was lucky I saw this thread, parents had bought me a set for christmas at the £74.99 price. So I asked them if they would take them back for refund lol! just had a call mission accomplished dad went in asked for a set they said they didnt have any left, at the same time mom took mine in for refund and my dad bought them for £29.99 :LOL: (y)

Well it was lucky I saw this thread, parents had bought me a set for christmas at the £74.99 price. So I asked them if they would take them back for refund lol just had a call mission accomplished dad went in asked for a set they said they didnt have any left, at the same time mom took mine in for refund and my dad bought them for £29.99 :LOL: (y)

lol.

now thats called playing the system :)

Well done all... like I said above, glad I could help. (Especially directly above, that was a close one!)

I hope you all remember me next time I post a picture for critique! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They have just phoned me up from Manchester saying they don't have my order in the store as there has been a problem with the system, and won't have them for at least week

A Jessops con on the way I think

I sorted now, they don't have them at the Manchester store so just cancelled the order and reordered from the Bury store.

Took the young man a long time to find them, but he did let me pay with my insurance vouchers (which he should not have allowed). So not all Jessops sales staff are prats.

Got my set today as well. Can't complain about build quality for the price, it does the job. The focusing distance seem to change with each different extender you attach, are there any sort of guide in how to use extension tubes around? Every time I change to a different tube combination I need to either move away/towards the subject in order to focus.

You pay for the items when you collect them, so if you have a Jessops nearby where you can collect these just reserve and collect in store.

Thanks for the heads up How could I refuse at that price?
The code workes as well total payable £22.49
collect from store new years day (y)

Back