Jessops on the verge of administration

Just been to Meadowhall shopping centre here in Sheffield and walked past the old Jessops shop, all white boarded up, very sad indeed.
The fella who worked there that I always dealt with really knew his stuff and was very friendly and easy going chap, good sense of humour too. He had just been promoted to store manager at another branch in a fairly quiet area and he was really looking forward to the move, poor bloke is now unemployed.

Last edited:
Excellent news, lots of cameras at those lovely low Expansys prices. Oh wait duh, not really.

When was the last time you were able to go into an expansys store and try out a lens etc? Oh yeah, never!

When was the last time you were able to go into an expansys store and try out a lens etc? Oh yeah, never!

When was the last time you saw any product at a good price, available and uk version in an expansys store ;)

Ah well that is Peter Jones's super expensive global outlet for tech ;) In my opinion excellent at entising people in with having 'stuff' up for sale long before it gets released.

Yes been on the news this morning, they've bought the brand, stock and assets - so will be interesting to see what happens next !!!!

Well our Meadowhall branch of Jessops has reopened, personally I think its great news, not just on the jobs front but for photography in general.

Well our Meadowhall branch of Jessops has reopened, personally I think its great news, not just on the jobs front but for photography in general.

That's good to know as it's not too far for me

Our Jessops in Sutton does not look like it will open up again which is a shame

Back