Jessops re-opening

Its been - Any minute now - All afternoon.............:thumbsdown:

to be fair they didnt say which minuite :LOL:

perhaps peter jones needs to call in Alexa Pollizi :LOL:

Ah well another one bites the dust.............:|

:LOL: more of a lunch than a launch!

Peter Jones has tweeted the following about an hour ago:

Jessops: Oxford St in London, Temple Row in Birmingham & Market St in Manchester OPEN for business & website going live later today! Yippee!

C'MON THEN!!

In line with what Stuart said...It looks like it could be a long wait. The fact that they've taken away the 'any minute now' sign gives me the impression they know it's gonna be a while

maybe they should change the page to tutorial in long exposures - with the tag line being "the best things come to those who wait"

Will they sell me a 70-200mm f4 for £50! so many questions! :)

I think their online price match only extends to reputable stores , not to dodgy glaswegian geezers shifting warm goods on ebay

Perhaps the poor IT bod who was problably only told by the management this morning that the was going live at midday.

Wouldn't be the first time IT has been kept out of the loop with management decisions.

Now that is fact - I know I work in IT and last minute is the only minute they seem to understand :D

Don't look like we will see the website today..............:|

I commented in the other thread that I hope the Metro Centre could be reopened, it was newly renovated so hopefully is on their list for opening again.

Yes I was really surprised when the administration came as that brand new and quite large store hadn't been open long. I don't hold much hope for Newcastle or Sunderland stores ever popping back up but I would think the Metrocentre store would be sustainable if ran correctly.

Just gone midnight and still no website, boo :(

You must be as sad as I am lol . I don't think this will go live until tomorrow lunch , if not next week now . Missing out on Easter weekend sales is not a good move though .

Let's b honest we've all only waited to see if there was any freebies or offers.
Off to bed now so stuff em :LOL:

Well, they're live - quick price check

5D3 body - £2399.99 (Jessops) - £2283 (Mathers)

Oh well...

-----------

haha, their clearance section is up already!

Last edited:
Had a quick look myself and can find cheaper of pretty much everything elsewhere.
And no opening offers :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Yup, camera bodies (out of stock) at RRP and same old ridiculous memory card pricing as before. Not much business sense on display here. Was hopeful when I heard Peter Jones on TV yesterday morning use the term 'price match', however that hope was dashed when he indicated matching Jessops store and Jessops online. Given the online pricing I'd not spend too much on decorating the stores Peter......

My £2k on new kit is going to Amazon.

I don't know, tenner more for a d7000 than most tax paying online stores. That's ok. It's a high street store, it's bound to be nearer the top of the pile than not. High street <> a warehouse outside Milton Keynes.

I would pay a tenner or a few percent extra to have the backup of bricks and mortar. Also it's another place I can get things in a hurry.

I am very happy to see it back.

Last edited:
The website is now up and running but guess what, the same crazy prices as before...................:nono:

The biggest disapointment is the lack of 0% interest. I actually think that was a key factor that set Jessops apart from the rest. Lets hope its coming.

Had a quick look at the site this morning, photo printing section brings up internal server error and some of the website links don't work.
Good luck to them but the damage was done years ago, and I won't shop there again unless they have changed beyond recognition.

I wasn't expecting my account details still to be active. Most of the lighting stuff I looked at seemed to be 10% over the odds with out of date cash back offers, and out of stock. Isn't this where Jessops finished earlier in the year?

New old :p

T&C's still have about finance from V12, hopefully they will bring this back and adjust prices a bit, still over the top prices compared to other sites as others have already said.

I don't think they can be aiming at us savy photographers. They must be aiming at people who know little or nothing about photography.....:LOL:

Back