Job interview tomorrow...

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a job interview tomorrow which I'm dreading. I've been unhappy in my current job since about the second week of starting it (I've been working there for about 8 months now), so have been looking for a job elsewhere since then. Hopefully pay and conditions will be better if I get through this interview - it will mean travelling further to work, but hopefully it will be worth it. I've spent the last 3 days reading up on current research and legislation (yawn!) all related to my job.
I know there are (gulp) 4 people interviewing me, just hope I don't clam up as I'm no good at being 'put on the spot' :help:...wish me luck peeps :)

Good Luck, only advice I can give is be yourself and Im sure you'll be fine(y)

Back when I used to interview people I would ask about experience and a bit of job knowledge but in reality I judged them on the amount of common sense they showed. Common sense is very uncommon these days.

So if it was down to me you would have no problem ;)
Good luck and don't bluff unless you can do it convincingly :)

Good luck young lady!

I'm sure you'll be fine. I was cacking it before my interview for my current job. Got in there and it was a breeze. The trepidation and fear is always greater than the act itself.

Kellie (my g/f) has also got a job interview tomorrow. Which is nice ;)

What is it for if you don't mind me asking?

Good luck, go get em:)

Good luck! I'm sure you'll walk it anyway. :)

minimeeze, Warspite is right, just be yourself, look them in the eyes and tell the truth, youll be fine, and have integrity.

Good luck Mini but I hope you're not changing professions...I was kind of counting on you for the next home birth as we may just have another on the way :)

Offer them your body!, always works for me :)

good luck!!

Good luck Minimeeze. I've got a 2nd interview tommorrow (only two more after that before I could get the job!!). Finally got to go back to work after taking a year out :(

Sit forward, pay attention, be positive and smile, and I'm sure you will breeze through it.

Bachs said:
Good luck Mini but I hope you're not changing professions...I was kind of counting on you for the next home birth as we may just have another on the way :)

:eek: Already? You certainly don't waste much time do you? lol. Best wishes!!

Ghandi - Best wishes and good luck to Kellie for tomorrow too! I'm being interviewed for another job as a midwife (different hospital to where I'm working at the minute tho!)

Thanks for all your best wishes everyone - I've just been preparing loads of stuff to take with me as I'm expected to show evidence of what I've been doing for the last 10 years... I suppose I could always drag a few kids/babies along with me :LOL:

good luck and be yourself

minimeeze said:
I'm being interviewed for another job as a midwife (different hospital to where I'm working at the minute tho!)

My sister-in-law runs the midwifery (sp) dept in Barnet , if it's there pretend to have a shoe obsession & you'll fit right in :wacky:

I always used to treat each interview as a rehearsal for the next one, that way i tended not to stress too much about it. Best thing you can do is be relaxed and yourself, dont be negative about anything, even your last job, if they ask, you dont feel you can progress in your current position etc etc :)

Im sure if you are yourself you will do fine though :)

Good luck with it

imagine the interviewer naked and you'll not suffer the nerves and don't sit all hunched up, I hate that!

i've just sent a bag of positive vibes your way :woot:

I'm sure you don't need it but good luck anyway...just be positive.

all the best mini, hope you are successfull with it.

You'll be fine! :)

Hope you get the job! (y)

Good luck with the interview Mini.

Oh well, here goes..My stomach is in knots! :puke:

Thanks for all the good luck wishes :ty: - I'll let you know how it went in due course

a bit late too but hope all went well (y)

Will find out on Monday, but it went ok :) All the swotting up on the relevant legislation was a waste of time as they never even asked...grrr

Thanyou to everyone who wished me well - hopefully I'll have some good news on Monday <fingers crossed!>

Dunno yet, She should hear back sometime next week. I believe it went well from what I was told. Thanks for askin though x

It was for an admin position with the local council in their Emergency response dept.

Nothing to do for 365 days of the year, then somewhere floods or something and it all goes crazy :LOL:

Back