Job Interview Tomorrow!!

Edit My Images
Yes
I sent an email to a print company back in March asking for them to give me a DTP job, well much more politely than that.....

Anyway, got a phone call today from the MD and after he viewed my CV said he'd like me to come for an interview! 2pm tomorrow, I am soooo excited!

At the moment I am doing a sort of nice job but I hate the people, so nasty to everybody and the swearing really upsets me, the money is pathetic too. I ain't no prude but their swearing is out of hand.....keep your fingers crossed for me :clap:

good luck

well done Marianne, i went on an interview today for a hotel secretary, crap pay, but i really need a job, feeling rather down at the mo.
Go get it girl..

good luck!

Fingers, toes and eyes well and truly crossed. Good luck

Best wishes, and good luck - I'm still waiting for news following my interview last week!

Everything crossed Marianne - I know where you're coming from about working with unpleasant people - I have a bit of that myself, although I enjoy the job itself enough to be able to put up with it (just!).

And best of luck to you too minimeeze - sorry I missed your thread last week!

aren't you guys just so lovely...thank you :) and fingers crossed for you too minimeeze!

all the best! ;)

Marianne said:
I am starting to get a bit jumpy....

Just be urself. Don't worry. Interviews are two ways. It's them evaluating you, and you evaluating whether they're the right employers and kind of job you want.

All the best for tomorrow, good luck(y)
Rich

kamion said:
Just be urself. Don't worry. Interviews are two ways. It's them evaluating you, and you evaluating whether they're the right employers and kind of job you want.
thank you, great advice! (y)

Good Luck , I hope it goes well for you(y)

Good luck - you deserve to make use of your talent!

Hey Marianne, didn't know you were a DTP lady.
I assume the position is in their repro dept or is it design based?

I've been in this trade since I left college around '92, been at my current place for 10 years in december as a repro team leader.

If it is with a print company depending if they are union based and do the BPIF thing the the rates should be good, going rate for my area is £18,000 (ish) on days upto £23-24,000 for shifts plus OT.

Good luck anyway, be yourself.

It is design based, they do a lot of photographic work there too so I am going to put some of my photos into my portfolio, they do loads of different work there, I love using Quark Xpress and Photoshop, page layout is like an enjoyable puzzle to me, getting it all to look attractive and fit well!

Poo, it's all been said already. :LOL:

I'll just add another "go get 'em" and keep it all crossed for good results for you and minimeeze.:)

KUP? What's that?
Just been trying to stay calm by sitting in the garden in the wonderful sunshine, but its too hot!
Thanks for all the encouragement :)

Back from the interview, it was informal, the MD wanted to suss me out, he seemed impressed and took ages looking at my portfolio and asked loads of questions, and told me about all the various options his company have regarding employment. He says he'll contact me again in about 1-2 weeks and I may have to go for a more formal interview with more of his staff present. I'll KYP!!

kewl :)

Back