Job Well Done

Edit My Images
Yes
Job well done this afternoon

3 hours work, £1200 profit made = result

It will not be lining my pockets though as all the profits will be donated to the special care baby unit at my local hospital

Absolutely knackered now and looking forward to my bed tonight

Nice one!
Its a few years ago now but me and the wife once got left some money after a particulaly nasty and selfish relative died. We didn't want the gift so we donated it to the kids ward at the local hospital, they bought a Ball Pool with it. It gave us a real nice feeling inside, as the nasty sod hated kids.:D:LOL:

Job well done this afternoon

3 hours work, £1200 profit made = result

It will not be lining my pockets though as all the profits will be donated to the special care baby unit at my local hospital

Absolutely knackered now and looking forward to my bed tonight
well done i take my hat of to you..:D
Nice one!
Its a few years ago now but me and the wife once got left some money after a particulaly nasty and selfish relative died. We didn't want the gift so we donated it to the kids ward at the local hospital, they bought a Ball Pool with it. It gave us a real nice feeling inside, as the nasty sod hated kids.:D:LOL:

what a nice way to use the "gift" "hated kids" :LOL:

A bit of back story....

Not long after my little one was born I got a phone call from my partner, she was in tears and I could hear sirens and shouting in the background, she was in an ambulance with my little one being rushed to hospital, the situation was so bad they had told her to call me.

My heart sank and I dropped everything and rushed to the hospital.

When I next saw my little one it was in, what can best be described as, an intensive care unit inside of the intensive care unit, a nurse had to be permanently stationed by the bedside

There were tubes everywhere, I just burst into tears

The long and short of it is they saved my nippers life

So every year we organise a small spring fair and any profits we make we donate to the special care baby unit

Keith

Major respect to you. So very pleased for you your wife and the little one of course.

The NHS is brilliant and saved my life on 2006 when I should have died. (ruptured left ventricle 4 cardiac arrests and 105 days in hospital).

I go in when they have a patient who struggles with their needing by pass surgery. Youngest was a woman of 21 and the oldest 82! I sit and bore them with my story and then they see my scar. The nurse then tells them after I have finished that they are nowhere near as bad as I was. It seems to help all to deal with it. I even bumped into one of the guys I spoke to a year after... he was 10 years older than me but looked younger!

So perhaps we take the NHS for granted but they do special work (even in-growing toe nails) WHILST we get all tbe media about how bad it is.

Now maybe a ball pond for the cardiac ward!!!! Seriously the odd pile of biscuits for the ward staff can cheer them too! That and a few TV cards for them to give to some genuinely had up patient so they can watch the paid for TV over their beds can help.

Thank you Keith for sharing your story - even in these "economic hard times" selfless behaviour can lift us.

H

A bit of back story....

Not long after my little one was born I got a phone call from my partner, she was in tears and I could hear sirens and shouting in the background, she was in an ambulance with my little one being rushed to hospital, the situation was so bad they had told her to call me.

My heart sank and I dropped everything and rushed to the hospital.

When I next saw my little one it was in, what can best be described as, an intensive care unit inside of the intensive care unit, a nurse had to be permanently stationed by the bedside

There were tubes everywhere, I just burst into tears

The long and short of it is they saved my nippers life

So every year we organise a small spring fair and any profits we make we donate to the special care baby unit

:clap::clap::clap:

Well done Keith and well done the NHS!

2 days until my time would probably have been up had the NHS not removed my Meningioma. They gave me 3-6 months had the operation not gone ahead on the 6th September last year... Went back for a surgeon's consultation shortly before christmas and took a couple of tims of Celebrations with me for the day and night shifts on the ward. I don't miss Derriford one little bit but the people...

Great story Keith and thank you for sharing - has made me smile :D

Keith

Major respect to you. So very pleased for you your wife and the little one of course.

The NHS is brilliant and saved my life on 2006 when I should have died. (ruptured left ventricle 4 cardiac arrests and 105 days in hospital).

I go in when they have a patient who struggles with their needing by pass surgery. Youngest was a woman of 21 and the oldest 82! I sit and bore them with my story and then they see my scar. The nurse then tells them after I have finished that they are nowhere near as bad as I was. It seems to help all to deal with it. I even bumped into one of the guys I spoke to a year after... he was 10 years older than me but looked younger!

So perhaps we take the NHS for granted but they do special work (even in-growing toe nails) WHILST we get all tbe media about how bad it is.

Now maybe a ball pond for the cardiac ward!!!! Seriously the odd pile of biscuits for the ward staff can cheer them too! That and a few TV cards for them to give to some genuinely had up patient so they can watch the paid for TV over their beds can help.

Thank you Keith for sharing your story - even in these "economic hard times" selfless behaviour can lift us.

H

Well done. (y):clap::clap:

Back