Daily JohnN's attempt at a 366 project for 2012 (failed - I missed a day!)

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

EDIT - Please excuse missing images - Flickr keeps chaning the image numbers for reasons I don;t understand as they are not being updated - this is breaking links to images that are available here!

I've been meaning to do one of these and always put it off, so here we go.

My wife suggested images of the kids, but knowing there are just some days when I don;t get to see them at all due to work commitments I knew I'd never pull one of those off, however I've no doubt they'll make appearances from time to time.

I really hope I manage to make it through the year as it will be of interest (if only to myself!) to see how I develop.

So here is number 1: The ever so imaginative balloon!

Day 1 - Balloon by magsnorton, on Flickr

Haha, an auspicious start - got a 0.0 on 500px.. which means someone who has a decent rating voted it down :LOL:

Cheers for looking,

John

Last edited:
Well what an awesome start to the year, this is!!! Very much look forward to seeing how the rest of the year flows for ya!

Hi John,

Good luck with your challenge only 365 days left to go :)

Look forward to watching your thread develop.

Nick

Hi John, and good luck with your 366!

Regarding your Day 1 shot; I like the idea and the colour, but I find the shadows a little distracting.

I had a go at whiting it out but it actually looked worse, its annoying because I know there's a better picture in there somewhere

I'm really looking forward to the topics progression mate, if only to see how many cameras/set ups you put to use!!

I'm not sure about the ballon image, I may be the only person who actually likes the colour of the background lol!

Stay strong on this one John and Happy New year :).

Andy

Cheers Andy - I hope not to disappoint!

I'm not sure of the rules for a 366/365 and actually got three I liked but I though two was more than enough!!

Anyway get these in before the night shift :)

Day 2.1 - Jogger by magsnorton, on Flickr

Day 2.2 - Finch by magsnorton, on Flickr

I think if I absolutely had to choose one it would be the finch, but that could just be because its a comfortable subject.

Last edited:
Looks like your making a good start, as to today's images I would pick the chaff over the jogger but only because of how blown out the face is on the jogger as the rest of the image I really like (y)

Best of luck in your challenge (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Yuck ;)

Now today was a hell of a rush, night shift followed by shopping and very soon off for another shift, but I have to again post two - although only one is by me!!

Here is my effort...

Day 3 - Statler & Waldorf by magsnorton, on Flickr

Now, this is by my four year old daughter! (with a littlw pp by me)

Portrait by magsnorton, on Flickr

I wish I had skill!!!

Last edited:
I wish it were a self portrait - thats Annas work again!!

Thank you and that she is :)

Not a great day weather wise, went out and took 110 images but couldn't find a decent shroom no matter where I looked, got home deleted around 90 just from the thumbnails, deleted a further 15 when I took a closer look and got it down to just two worth doing anything with - this one and a tatty blue rope, so here is today's offering - I present... Stumpy.

Day 4 - Stumpy by magsnorton, on Flickr

The original was dull and flat so theres a fair bit of LR post production going on and I hope I didn't overdo it too much.

Last edited:
Thanks again guys.

No I'm not great (at all!) at product shots as anyone has has bought one of my lenses will agree, the lenses always look better than my pics, but today's image as a no brainer:

Day 5 - A new toy by magsnorton, on Flickr

So not much of a spoiler to say that if tomorrows weather isn't absolutely rubbish it will be something take with this monster!!

Last edited:
Oooh, Matron ;)

Day six in the big broth... erm... no thats not it!!

Day six gives us a test of the 50-500 OS (big shock there!) in just the sort of lighting (you know standard dull overcast UK weather) every says DON'T USE THAT LENS!! Well I'm almost as awkward as my son who also doesn't believe in physics so I went out any way... perhaps they were right :LOL:

Day 6 - Troll on the Run by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fantastic sense of motion. Did you crop her tail off or was that just the shot?

The shot just got the tail but was at a bad angle, when I corrected I lost that bit of tail - it quiet annoyed me at the time.

I did and with light good from what I can tell - at least as good as the 100-400 I had.

Struggled today though - even worse light than the day before and later in the day so darker naturally.

It will have been a good test of the OS though - I'll check later when I get back in.

I'm not looking forward to the indoor ones at all and will come out when I just cannot get out at all.

Today's offering, A Holy Affliction

Day 7 - A Holy Affliction by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Aye, annoying about the tail, but it was the one shot that popped for me.

Loving the 50-500 OS, now if only I could get some nice light I might be able to let my lack of skill really shine through :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back