Daily JohnN's attempt at a 366 project for 2012 (failed - I missed a day!)

Cheers chaps, Tony I'm amazed you don't ;)

Actually they're my backpack worms on the off chance I decide to wait long enough in one spot to make it worth baiting for small birds.

Heres todays shot - one of the stars of yesterdays shot - I have much to learn about macro, but this is the shot, and below the setup.

Day 21 - Say hello to my little friend by magsnorton, on Flickr

The setup:

The setup for day 21 by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Bit of a rough day - the better half's back packed in so I've been primary carer (read primary focus of the need machines!) so no SLR shots today and the way things are looking expect quick snaps of drains or something just to get the camera out!!

Day 22 - Bad hair day :) by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cheers guys - yesterdays didn;t get the love I thought it might on 500px.. oh well I never can tell!

Jon, to be honest thats a pretty ropey macro, I hope to do much better as the year goes on - I also hope to get the MP-E65 at some point (oh and a 7D2 or 5D3 :D), the annoying thing about the 65 is that you really need the twin lights and to manual focus, so the 5Ds out for that :(

Anyway todays piccy was taken while away at another work site - I was cloning hard drives...

Day 24 - Cloning eh?.. by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Agreed on the eye, I may try again later.

Todays pic was a rain maker pretty heavily cropped as the 100 or so macros I took were all rubbish, all other settings are in the exif.

Cheers though I was disappointed with that too

Well, its moot now, just after taking that piccy - like literally ten minutes - the wee lad ripped his head off!

A day out to the National Space Centre and I got an architectural shot - there was another involving air vents that I liked, but I just preferred this one.

Day 28 - National Space Centre by magsnorton, on Flickr

Oh, it was - very cool, I've just noticed flickr's done something odd to it though - that banding in the upper left isn't on the original nor at 500px... Odd...

I agree, but its been a long day (I could do with you're mug :)) and I'm impressed I even managed a shot today!

Yes, I think well done to all who have made it thus far.

Oh she loves hiding from the camera, she's a great laugh :)

Now to change mood totally - a little blue..

If I take another one of this I think I'll polish my balls first!

Day 31 - A little blue by magsnorton, on Flickr

haha!!!!

You see thats why you need good glass, it has to be able to stand the odd refection :)

Now this will wreck her sleep - tell her to look really closely then zoom in - she'll see even more little me's!!

Last edited:
I guess this is today's shot - my 60D for sale!!

I know it came as a bit of a shot to me being so damn good, but when you've just forked out for a 1D3 (no doubt tomorrow's shot!) you have to pay for it some how...

Please excuse the lack of post production, but being a sale item I like to keep it real... Arrgh... I appear to have sprung from "Da Hood" this morning :D

Oh by the way how do people manage to clean up their kit so well for the for sale ads???

60D Top by magsnorton, on Flickr

Well out with the new and in with the old :)

The 60D's gone - damn good camera that though - I would heartily recommend it.

But now I have this - yep a box... erm and it had a camera in it too..... (but am temporarily banned from getting any new kit!)

Haha, as was pointed out by my wife and Matt I fluffed the description, I got the 1 - yes one D 3, not as I suggested earlier the 5D3... oops :D

Day 32 - Something New by magsnorton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Back